Thread: Headed to the High Point Furniture Market on Sunday 4/17

Default Headed to the High Point Furniture Market on Sunday 4/17

I was going to skip Market this Spring but had my arm twisted to go by a few of my suppliers. They really like it when I come down and post photos of the new pieces to the forum and other social media, so I agreed to make a one-day round trip dash. Wheels up at 5 am and I will be there by 9:30 a.m. and then leave about 5 p.m. and get home at 10 p.m. Its going to be a busy day. Taking my camera with two batteries, so I can get photos of interesting things.

Oddly enough, a number of furniture store owners and decorators are boycotting the Market due to the North Carolina bathroom law that went into effect recently. Reports say they expect Market attendance to be off significantly and orders will be down as well. Myself, I can't get too excited about where people go poop so the way I see it....going to be easier for me to get a parking spot!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/market-b...n-c-s-economy/
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Headed to the High Point Furniture Market on Sunday 4/17

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I was going to skip Market this Spring but had my arm twisted to go by a few of my suppliers. They really like it when I come down and post photos of the new pieces to the forum and other social media, so I agreed to make a one-day round trip dash. Wheels up at 5 am and I will be there by 9:30 a.m. and then leave about 5 p.m. and get home at 10 p.m. Its going to be a busy day. Taking my camera with two batteries, so I can get photos of interesting things.

Oddly enough, a number of furniture store owners and decorators are boycotting the Market due to the North Carolina bathroom law that went into effect recently. Reports say they expect Market attendance to be off significantly and orders will be down as well. Myself, I can't get too excited about where people go poop so the way I see it....going to be easier for me to get a parking spot!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/market-b...n-c-s-economy/
    Lol, I'd is there a "Like" button for this ^^

You'll only be there for the day & trying to squeeze all your suppliers into that 1 day...but, if B&Y has a 543-25 Hamrick on display, could you please snap a pic? Pretty please

There's not a single photograph of neither the chair or the sofa(543-94) on the whole forum

It could be that I'm just not seeing one, but I've done several advanced searches for it, using both the name & number identifier with 0 results showing up.

Oh, & if anything at B&Y is done up in the 9131 series leathers; I'd love to see those!

Keep us informed about any new, exciting frames, or suppliers you might be interested in pursuing. And of course, do tell of any funny or odd stories you seem to gather while at market

Have fun & thank you for thinking of us while there

Hey Duane,
    Could you take some pictures of smaller Hancock and Moore sofas for those of us apartment dwellers i.e., The Simone Sofa.
    Have a safe trip !
    D

Just back tonight at 11 p.m. Long Day. I skipped the B-Y Showroom as I was running out of time, but will recap the day tomorrow and possibly start downloading photos. I came home with a handle of all the new Hancock and Moore leathers, though and that was handed to me by the CEO of H&M with a wink and a nod and "You're the only dealer I'm giving these to" because he knows I'll post them up. Some excellent new hides, including a killer new GR 2 pure aniline that is going to be my new fav in that class.
    Duane Collie

Just back tonight at 11 p.m. Long Day. I skipped the B-Y Showroom as I was running out of time, but will recap the day tomorrow and possibly start downloading photos. I came home with a handle of all the new Hancock and Moore leathers, though and that was handed to me by the CEO of H&M with a wink and a nod and "You're the only dealer I'm giving these to" because he knows I'll post them up. Some excellent new hides, including a killer new GR 2 pure aniline that is going to be my new fav in that class.
    I bet you're wiped out! Get some rest & we'll be here in the morning

I will have lots to report about, but since I am closed on Mondays have to head out and cut the yard and do some chores around the house. I'll start posting photos and what's new maybe later on this evening. Most exciting thing is from Taylor King, they have a new sleeper sofa that is going to revolutionize the category, there is nothing like it. I generally loathe sleepers, because they make lousy sofas and lousy beds. This one is so different that it actually makes an excellent bed and a great sofa, and it fits through a 28" doorway. The industry has been waiting for this....I'm excited about it, and so is Del Starnes, CEO of Taylor King (yes, I ordered one).
    Duane Collie

I will have lots to report about, but since I am closed on Mondays have to head out and cut the yard and do some chores around the house. I'll start posting photos and what's new maybe later on this evening. Most exciting thing is from Taylor King, they have a new sleeper sofa that is going to revolutionize the category, there is nothing like it. I generally loathe sleepers, because they make lousy sofas and lousy beds. This one is so different that it actually makes an excellent bed and a great sofa, and it fits through a 28" doorway. The industry has been waiting for this....I'm excited about it, and so is Del Starnes, CEO of Taylor King (yes, I ordered one).
    Ugh, yard work

It's raining cats & dogs here, & most everything is shut down due to record flooding. Even Bush Intercontinental Airport is at a full ground stop: no takeoffs or landings!

Everyone's stuck inside today. It's a Monday, so I don't mind at all

sstarrx2 Guest

Yuck! Its 85 degrees and sunny here today! We could use some rain from what the weather guys have been saying. Feast or famine around here when it come to rain!