The mechanism used in this sleeper is one designed by UltraMech and was done exclusively for American Leather, hence the similarity. Then, the folks at UltraMech and those at American Leather got into some kind of tiff - what I don't know about - and the exclusivity ended. Everyone in the industry knows about the issues with conventional sleeper sofas so many were eager to get their hands on this new UltraMech unit. Taylor King jumped right on it, but found very quickly the cushions that AL were using were not satisfactory and spent quite a bit of time making a custom core composition, with the CEO of Taylor King (Del Starnes) undertaking it as his own personal project. They did many combinations of layers and finally got it where they wanted it. I've tried it out in person, both sitting on it and lying on it. It's perfect. However its very new in the market as well, so it will be difficult to find one in a store or many reviews on it.

I checked for a customer a few days ago and they have (4) of them being built at Taylor King in Hickory NC right now that will finish next week sometime. She was considering driving there to test them out. That's an option always available - go to the factory and check them out, get a tour as well and the VIP treatment.