Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New member with a question

Mightydog Guest

Default Re: New member with a question

Quote Originally Posted by Kyracer57 View Post
    "The deal leather on the 1021 is Alberta Leather, which some dealers buy in quantities of (6) and that would make the $ 1,348 price point make sense. To my knowledge, the Alberta hide (which is a married cover out of China) is not pieced, but I don't sell Alberta in my store because I don't care for the leather - so I cannot say with any degree of certainty."

Last edited by drcollie; 1 Day Ago at 04:03 AM

Mightydog,

Duane did say he wasn't certain about the Alberta Wine leather because he doesn't order it for his store. It is sewn in China, then shipped to NC and put on the frames which are built there. The thing to do IMO is to call H&M - 828-495-8235 - and ask them about your concerns. They can give you the definitive answer if that chair with the promotional leather has seams in the back and sides.
    I don't know what I said to get that answer. I'm a newbie here and I thought I would get some expertise in buying my leather. Story is went to my local H&M dealer, saw this chair, has the label under cushion BUT has multi panel sides and back. Everything I've seen shows this chair to have single panel back and sides. Not once was this chair represented to me as a Town and Country item by the dealer so I don't know where that came into the reply. Guess I'll pass and get the classic leather chair from my Richmond dealer. Thanks for the help and sarcasm.

And why do you think I was being sarcastic? You came here and asked a question, and I gave you an honest and concise answer based on what I know about the product that you are shopping at another dealer. I stated I do not buy Alberta Leather 1021's for my store because I don't like the leather, it's a cheap hide that comes out of China and does not meet my standards for what I want to offer my customers. Maybe they are pieced, maybe they are not. Yet you feel slighted because that was not the FREE answer you were looking for. So here's my offer to you. You can pay me for my time and I will get you a definite answer, because it's going to take a phone call and knowing whom to call at H&M. I will get you a 100% correct response that I will guarantee. You can paypal a $ 40 fee to keepingroom@gmail.com and I will have that for you in 24 hours or less.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Mightydog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    And why do you think I was being sarcastic? You came here and asked a question, and I gave you an honest and concise answer based on what I know about the product that you are shopping at another dealer. I stated I do not buy Alberta Leather 1021's for my store because I don't like the leather, it's a cheap hide that comes out of China and does not meet my standards for what I want to offer my customers. Maybe they are pieced, maybe they are not. Yet you feel slighted because that was not the FREE answer you were looking for. So here's my offer to you. You can pay me for my time and I will get you a definite answer, because it's going to take a phone call and knowing whom to call at H&M. I will get you a 100% correct response that I will guarantee. You can paypal a $ 40 fee to keepingroom@gmail.com and I will have that for you in 24 hours or less.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I was in a "pay per view" forum. I thought this was a informational forum to assist people with questions. My only question was if H&M EVER made the 1021 with split sides/back. Your right, I should have just called H&M to the the answer and not try to get a "freebie. Won't bother again. And if you are the moderator please delete me as a member.

Duane,

Your response was absolutely not sarcastic. You had fully answered the original question and there was nowhere left for you to go after the OP's follow-up question. As a matter of fact, you genuinely signed off with warm wishes.

This is why social media makes me batty. Some people, for whatever reason, appear to read negativity where none was initially intended. Then, we're off to the flaming races.

TXCajun

Jenny Guest

I have never purchased anything from Duane before but he has been very helpful and answered all of my questions on this forum over the past few months. I'm sorry that you weren't able to get the response you were hoping for. Keep in mind that Duane runs a brick-and-mortar business primarily, and manages this forum in his spare time. In your previous post, you asked him to "step in" and refute what another dealer had told you. That puts Duane in a difficult position - it would be unprofessional for him to express a more definitive opinion on a leather that he doesn't personally stock in his store, and pit his word against that of another dealer in the industry who does, in fact, stock that leather.

Duane could investigate further on your behalf, i.e. make an inquiry to H&M or do additional research on the leather on his personal time. But I think it's a stretch for you, or anyone else, to feel entitled to that extra step.

Oh geez, I'm getting a dejavu feeling...like I'm back in the "2 serious problems with store where 'high quality' Amish furniture was purchased" thread

I specifically stated in an earlier reply to the OP: "do NOT present your conflicting information regarding the #1021 as coming from another dealer. It WILL create an undesirable outcome. Say you found this information doing your own research."

Well, their local dealer's email response says "that dealer is misinformed." So, that advice wasn't taken & the email response shows exactly why I suggested not saying "well, this dealer said...., but you're saying..."

This is a FREE informational forum & all the members here, inc the owner, will gladly offer their advice &/or info. Perhaps, an informational forum isn't the best resource to use for someone looking for concrete, definitive answers regarding a specific piece in an another, anonymous dealer's showroom?

You can't make everyone happy, unfortunately. And, I'm reminded of that old saying: you can lead a horse to water...

And if you are the moderator please delete me as a member.

There is a $ 10 fee to be deleted. <sarcasm> You have the PayPal addy.
    Last edited by drcollie; 04-25-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Duane,
    Not sure how my reply to Mightydog was read as sarcastic, but whatever. Had to really expand that price tag photo, but saw the leather on that chair was listed as Rider/Wine, a promo leather you explained in this thread a few years ago.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ighlight=Rider

And if you are the moderator please delete me as a member.

There is a $ 10 fee to be deleted. <sarcasm> You have the PayPal addy.
    Show me where to click LIKE ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kyracer57 View Post
    Duane,
    Not sure how my reply to Mightydog was read as sarcastic, but whatever. Had to really expand that price tag photo, but saw the leather on that chair was listed as Rider/Wine, a promo leather you explained in this thread a few years ago.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ighlight=Rider
    Kyracer57,

No way does your post read as sarcastic. You were kind and informative. It's a shame this thread went the way of a dumpster fire, considering the OP came here with a topic that was interesting and provided an opportunity for expanding knowledge. At least, it did or me.

You were not sarcastic. Duane was not sarcastic. Some people just go looking for a rumble.

Thank you for providing that link. Because of members like you, I am learning so much!

TXCajun