Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Market Comments

Default Spring Market Comments

Duane,

Can you share with us what lower price point makers you looked at specifically that you walked away from?

What about any lower price point "American made" lines: Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, etc?

I'd be curious to hear which ones turned you off the most? Had some potential, etc?

Oh, & when are we going to see these photos you took??

Andrea

Default Re: Spring 2016 Market

I don't want to trash talk the lines I looked at, suffice to say nothing I saw appealed to me.

Photos take a lot of time, they are all Hi-Rez so I have to run each one through Photoshop as time allows to size it and get it manageable. As time allows I will post them up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I don't want to trash talk the lines I looked at, suffice to say nothing I saw appealed to me.

Photos take a lot of time, they are all Hi-Rez so I have to run each one through Photoshop as time allows to size it and get it manageable. As time allows I will post them up.
    Oh, that sounds like a PIA! Lol, you can always dump them into Photobucket & link to them like your previous market pic threads...jk

I know you're busy & it's on the to do list

Here are some of the Market Showroom pieces from Hancock and Moore.

Attachment 8496Attachment 8497

and another:

Attachment 8498Attachment 8499
    Duane,
    Just as a curiosity: whom does H&M use to layout their Market showroom? An in house Interior Designer, a local design firm, or themselves? Everything from the lighting, to the tabletop decor pieces comes together so meticulously & looks VERY well done.

Hancock and Moore uses an interior designer who was formerly doing all the Baker stores, Marguerite Judge from Chicago to do their showrooms. She has the lead on all the design and color parameters and works in conjunction with another interior designer and H&M management. H&M does this intentionally to get a more metropolitan flavor than they would using local North Carolina designers. She does a great job, its one of the best showrooms at Market.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hancock and Moore uses an interior designer who was formerly doing all the Baker stores, Marguerite Judge from Chicago to do their showrooms. She has the lead on all the design and color parameters and works in conjunction with another interior designer and H&M management. H&M does this intentionally to get a more metropolitan flavor than they would using local North Carolina designers. She does a great job, its one of the best showrooms at Market.
    Yes, I noticed that too! That their showroom does seem to have a more cosmopolitan vibe to it than you'd expect. But, it works very well with the pieces chosen to showcase.

Now that you mention she's outta Chicago; it does looks like you're in a Michigan Ave penthouse instead of a showroom! I'll have to look up her other work. I really like it.

Thanks!

Absolutely love, love, love that Sonoma Cloud!! It pictures as a very light grey; is it? Or, is it a blue?

Its the color in the photos....lol
    Last edited by drcollie; 04-25-2016 at 07:18 AM.

Top chair is an existing frame with a great new look, bottom chair is brand new.

Attachment 8530Attachment 8531

Attachment 8532Attachment 8533
    Duane, who is the maker of the burled 3 drawer chest behind the Jameswood Chair? Is it likely from H&M's new case goods line, or their parent company? I like the modern, meets old world look of it.

Yes, that is part of the H&M Occasional goods line brought in from Century. I have many photos of that product line that I will post after I get the upholstery ones done. It's a slow process to post them all up, each one has to be run through Photoshop and cropped and re-sized.
    Last edited by drcollie; 04-25-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Jake8 Guest

Default Re: Spring Market Comments

Love love love that Monaco sofa! Not so keen on the purple chair though. Thanks Duane for the eye candy!

Jenny Guest

Default Re: Spring Market Comments

First impression of the Novell chair: OH MY GOD, who let their kid mark up that gorgeous chair with lipstick and black marker

Sorry Duane!

But it is very cool that H&M can incorporate a painting into their upholstery. Is it painted on directly to the leather during the finishing, and then finished over?