Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradington Young # 3020 Huss 3-Way Lounger in leather 9896-95 A

Default Bradington Young # 3020 Huss 3-Way Lounger in leather 9896-95 A

Just arrived at my store and this is my new favorite Bradington Young recliner - introduced at the Fall 2015 Market. It fits me perfectly (5' 11" and 250 lb) I have plenty of room, and I would estimate it will accommodate up to 6' 2" tall and down to 5' 5" very well. It's VERY comfortable. Shown at the October Market, and its all USA-made (even the mechanism). The leather is a pure aniline, and a featured married cover hide. However this is not an 'economy' leather, this is a full-on Italian pull-up leather (its the same hide as the 9131 series, GR 2). B-Y will give it a 98xx model number when its used as a married cover. If you are local to my store, stop by and try this out. It's just $ 1,439 in my store as of the date of this post (prices subject to change over time). I don't think there is a better recliner on the market from anyone for this price point, I kid you not. This one is a winner. It is also available in a brown at this price, leather # 9896-85.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0028.jpg 
Views:	1709 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	8575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0029.jpg 
Views:	995 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	8576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0031.jpg 
Views:	1182 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	8577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0032.jpg 
Views:	1127 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	8578
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Bradington Young # 3020 Huss 3-Way Lounger in leather 9896-95 A

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Just arrived at my store and this is my new favorite Bradington Young recliner - introduced at the Fall 2015 Market. It fits me perfectly (5' 11" and 250 lb) I have plenty of room, and I would estimate it will accommodate up to 6' 2" tall and down to 5' 5" very well. It's VERY comfortable. Shown at the October Market, and its all USA-made (even the mechanism). The leather is a pure aniline, and a featured married cover hide. However this is not an 'economy' leather, this is a full-on Italian pull-up leather (its the same hide as the 9131 series, GR 2). B-Y will give it a 98xx model number when its used as a married cover. If you are local to my store, stop by and try this out. It's just $ 1,439 in my store as of the date of this post (prices subject to change over time). I don't think there is a better recliner on the market from anyone for this price point, I kid you not. This one is a winner. It is also available in a brown at this price, leather # 9896-85.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0028.jpg 
Views:	1709 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	8575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0029.jpg 
Views:	995 
Size:	175.0 KB 
ID:	8576Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0031.jpg 
Views:	1182 
Size:	186.8 KB 
ID:	8577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0032.jpg 
Views:	1127 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	8578
    So, this IS the 9131-95 A leather, it's just changed to 9896-95 A for its married cover usage?

Is there a sticky on the forum covering the most up to date details on B&Y's married cover program? Such as what frames are in it, which leathers available, etc? If so, I must've missed it...I've read that only certain hides are available on certain pieces, etc but haven't seen anything stating what these specific leathers & pieces are?

Correct.

There is not a post on that right now, I will try to remember to do that.
    Duane Collie

Mac33 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Correct.

There is not a post on that right now, I will try to remember to do that.
    Is there a matching sofa. We have been considering the Reid line but have unable to find one to try. We find the BY Alta and 3 way lounger very comfortable. Do you know if the Reid compares to them? Thanks

Seniorback Guest

Duane,
    Pls excuse my confusion on B&Y sales. Is this 3020 recliner in the 9896(which is really 9131), priced at $1439 only for customers who are able to come into your store and make the purchase? Is it the same price for internet customers? Either way, is the price because of the B&Y sale that ends May 2? Will the price increase May 2?
    Thank you.

Jenny Guest

I imagine the 1439 doesn't include shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorback View Post
    Duane,
    Pls excuse my confusion on B&Y sales. Is this 3020 recliner in the 9896(which is really 9131), priced at $1439 only for customers who are able to come into your store and make the purchase? Is it the same price for internet customers? Either way, is the price because of the B&Y sale that ends May 2? Will the price increase May 2?
    Thank you.
    I believe the price is due to this chair being in a married cover & Duane got a good deal on it as floor stock, so an internet customer could purchase THIS very chair for the quoted price, but could not order the chair & receive the quoted price.

That's how Ive always interpreted Duane's individual floor stock deals he posts. Lol, I could be wrong & if so, somebody chime in

Seniorback Guest

Thanks, Jenny and Asomer. Shipping adds to $234 to any purchase I make(I know because I just purchased a JC chair from Duane).
    Asomer, did you receive the 9131 leather samples you ordered? I was wondering what you think of 9131.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorback View Post
    Thanks, Jenny and Asomer. Shipping adds to $234 to any purchase I make(I know because I just purchased a JC chair from Duane).
    Asomer, did you receive the 9131 leather samples you ordered? I was wondering what you think of 9131.

Thanks.
    I'm at my sister's right now babysitting my nephew & I haven't checked my mail in over a week(I know, I know how can I go THAT long? Lol)

When I get home later, I swear I'll check the mail & they actually should already be here. I absolutely loved the Gr6 9593 Echo Park sample I received & have heard the 9131 leathers are pretty close...so, for me, I'm wanting to know if they're as good as the 9593 Echo Park leathers.

I'll check the mail & let you guys know, I promise

I use a different multiplier for internet (distance) customers than I do for local customers, because YOU pay the shipping if distance, and I pay it if coming to my store. That's on all items I carry from every maker. The price on this recliner if distance is $ 1,349 and then you have to add in delivery fees to that. The $ 1,439 price is to my store for local customers. This is not a one-shot deal, you can buy this piece and as many as you want as long as B-Y has it in the current price structure. This is the day in and day out price, and because this post will be here for a long time I don't add in any sale period pricing that may be in effect as it can lead to confusion long after the sale period has expired..
    Duane Collie