Thread: A recliner for my 6'2" husband

PrettyLake Guest

Default A recliner for my 6'2" husband

Using the dimensions of the H & M Sadler recliner as my benchmark, I'm trying to figure out from the specifications if my husband will be equally as comfortable in the Greyson or the Sami recliners. Stocking dealers in our area only have Austin and Sundance recliners to try out so I'm limiting my options to those I've seen pictured and mentioned on this wonderful forum.
    Since the heights and inside widths are so similar, is it safe to assume all 3 chairs will sit comparably and comfortably for a 6'2" 220 lb. guy or am I trying to compare apples and oranges? Ideally, I'd like to get him a chair that is a little more contemporary (transitional) than the Sadler though I like the fact the Sadler is in a very nice leather in the Just in Time program. So many decisions, so little time! Thanks in advance for all your help.

Default Re: A recliner for my 6'2" husband

The 1044 Sadler is a little bit larger than the Greyson or Sami - all are smaller than the monster Sundance unit. I think the Sadler is slightly more comfortable than the Sami or Greyson (I'm 5' 11" 250 lb) My 6' 4" son can sit comfortable in it, too. The Sami is a bit more upright, the Greyson maybe just a tad smaller. Any should work for him, the differences are minor. Take a look at the new Monaco recliner as well, that's an excellent unit in a more modern look. However that is not in the JIT program....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

PrettyLake Guest

Thanks for writing back so quickly! I see you're a night-owl, too. Comfort is paramount~dear husband has been a good sport and let me re-model the house a bit with only 2 request: he gets a recliner and we get a new bed. Bed; check. Will write you in the request quotes section. All signs point to the Sadler which you suggested anyway when I first started this discovery. Thanks for all you do to help educate us.

I am 5-5" and my husband is 5-7" 160lbs. we tried the sami, Royal, and Woodbridge. I also tried a Greyson. The sami fit me perfectly, it is narrow but supported head and feet well. My husband liked the Sami, but liked the Woodbridge better. That one also fit me well. The Greyson was too upright when not reclined. The Royal was a little too big for us, but since we are smaller than your husband, you may want to consider something as large as the Royal. There were other people trying the recliners and the Royal looked like it fit some of the bigger men better than the Woodbridge.

Hope this helps!

Also the Greyson felt noticeably smaller than the Sami to me.

I am 5'11" and the Royal is very comfortable. I tried the Woodbridge, but the upper pillows rest on my shoulders, making it uncomfortable. However, the Royal is uber traditional!
    Last edited by kazhuveri; 03-07-2017 at 07:04 AM. Reason: grammar nazi

yes, the Royal and Woodbridge are very traditional. Maybe there is something else as large as the Royal but in a more contemporary style?

# 7159 Monaco will do the job....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-19-2016_12-10-42_PM_1_PR.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	9576
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.