Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New! Hancock and More 'Just in Time' 2-week Quick Ship Program

Default Re: New! Hancock and More 'Just in Time' 2-week Quick Ship Program

The West End chair (not the sofa) is in a Pull Up leather such as Tuscany or Tiburon.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The West End chair (not the sofa) is in a Pull Up leather such as Tuscany or Tiburon.
    I thought it looked like a pull up!

Uh, really wish they would put those descriptions in fine print under each piece. I'm sure there's got to be a few ppl out there originally leaning towards going the "Quick Ship" promo route that would prefer their piece exactly as it's shown in the picture & ultimately choose THAT leather rather than the Quick Ship promo leathers?

Well, I've been fighting that battle for YEARS on having the photos the same as the inset photos for the promotion, i.e., the Town and Country program. Know the answer I get? "Duane, do you know how much that would cost to do that? We would have to make each piece up , then bring in the photographer and shoot it, and we can't afford that". And that - is the end of the conversation unless I'm willing to pay for it - and I can't afford it, either.

HOWEVER - that's why I have my photo library here on the forum and why I try hard to photo and database as many pieces as I can. That way you can see them. I already have one Viking piece in the files, the new Austin that rolled in last week. Over time, I will get many shots - but it will only happen as pieces come through the store...
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Well, I've been fighting that battle for YEARS on having the photos the same as the inset photos for the promotion, i.e., the Town and Country program. Know the answer I get? "Duane, do you know how much that would cost to do that? We would have to make each piece up , then bring in the photographer and shoot it, and we can't afford that". And that - is the end of the conversation unless I'm willing to pay for it - and I can't afford it, either.

HOWEVER - that's why I have my photo library here on the forum and why I try hard to photo and database as many pieces as I can. That way you can see them. I already have one Viking piece in the files, the new Austin that rolled in last week. Over time, I will get many shots - but it will only happen as pieces come through the store...
    Do they not have those original photos("splash photos" you called them,) databased somewhere? I'm thinking those are the same stock photos of the pieces that are on the website. Now, unless they wrote down what each & every piece was made up in at the time the photos were taken, inc nail trim option, etc this hypothetical photo library will be useless if no info can be pulled from it.

Lol, I'm not suggesting they go & re-shoot every piece! That'd be a daunting task, even for a subsidiary of Century Furniture; I'm just wondering if they have that sorta info cataloged with the original photo & if so, typing up a little descriptor under their current photos a la B&Y.

dmattinson Guest

We stopped in Duane's shop last Saturday to kill time before hopping on the Auto Train (he is really close - if you are taking the Auto Train to FL, consider stopping by his store to check out all the furniture on display) and saw a print out of the PDF on his counter top. We went over an looked at one of the display pieces with that type of leather (Viking) on it and it was nice enough to make us seriously consider changing our minds on what we plan to order in the coming months. We asked for a sample of the leather to be sent to us (it beat us back to Delaware less than a week later) and it is really a nice leather. GR II and soft feel. We were set on Tiburon leather (Peacock) but now we are thinking about the Viking Chestnut on the September sofa. The price can't be beat...I won't say what it is but I was SHOCKED at the price (I could buy 2 sofas for only a couple hundred more than ONE sofa in a GR III in the same style) and it made me think that I could live with the leather being 1 grade down for that much price savings.
    So as soon as our move is completed and we ensure we have enough funds left over, it will be time to order some furniture up for the new place in FL.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FL_house.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	8685

It was good you could stop by! Your new home in Florida looks lovely....

Yes, that new promotion is very aggressive in price, and the Viking leather is decent, I would not hesitate to recommend it for someone who wants H&M quality at a Bradington Young price point. It's not Tiburon leather by a long shot, but its not the price of Tiburon, either!
    Duane Collie

Which of the four recliners in this program would you all recommend for someone that is 5'10" and 200-225lbs? My wife and I like the look of the Journey the best but are worried about the back being too cushion-y and I'm not crazy about the Document leather. Our second choice would be the Sadler and the Viking leather is better but I've also read this is a bigger chair and I wonder if it is too big for us.

Sadler! That's what I have at my house. I am 5' 11"
    Duane Collie

CAmom Guest

Still figuring out furniture, so please forgive the question: In this program, the Ricki only comes in the two leather choices Juno Dove and Juno Soft Blue? No nail heads?

Correct, those are the two program leathers. You can put it in any of the 500 + H&M leathers, however it will come out of the special pricing.

Nail trim is not standard on the Ricki, you can add it to the sofa for $ 135 extra (for basic nails, 1/2" round)
    Duane Collie