Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New! Hancock and More 'Just in Time' 2-week Quick Ship Program

Default Re: New! Hancock and More 'Just in Time' 2-week Quick Ship Program

For price quotes, please us the Quotes form here in the forum. Prices are not quoted publicly as Hancock and Moore has requested that not be done.

Model numbers are always preferable to "names" when requesting a quote, it keeps pricing accurate that way. Thanks.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

This program continues to amaze me with the offerings and the pricing. I've never seen the Hancock and Moore brand more price-friendly than in this promotion. BELIEVE ME - I have asked repeatedly to be able to post prices, and each time it's met with a chuckle and "you better not!". So its awkward for you to have to put in for a quote, but that's the way it has to be. Sorry. I wish I could put out the prices publicly.

These are the same items as the full-line catalog build, and all standards are the same, there are no shortcuts taken. Limited leather choices, but the hides are OK, and its 100 % top grain leather all the way around the piece. I see this promo perfect for families just getting started that want high-quality, durable upholstery and have to make their purchase fit into a budget, or for a second home, or retirees on limited incomes. There is no dispute in the industry that Hancock and Moore is best-in-class in its field, and the issue has always been one of price. Well,that issue has largely been eliminated in the Just In Time grouping. You can get the H&M product for the price of many of those other brands that are made in China, or done out of thin plywoods with webbing suspension. It's a no-brainer if you know what to look for.

Here's three pieces that just arrived on this promotion, a September Sofa and Loveseat in Viking Cordovan (sold to a customer), and a Journey Lounger in Document Chestnut (in the store as of today's date). Yes, you can get the loveseat version in the programs, same price as the sofa. They look good! Take care of the leather on these with proper maintenance and you'll get 30 years out of the pieces, or more. That's how well-made they are. This is such a great value, don't think H&M is out of your price range - you may be surprised.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	9196Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	9197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0017.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	9198Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0018.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	9199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0019.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	9200
    Duane Collie

cbrown965 Guest

Hi Duane:

I have been researching H&M and came across the forum here. About 8 years ago, I didn't know anything about leather furniture and purchased a "leather" sofa and loveseat from a large department store. Long story short, the furniture ended up cracking and peeling within about four years, even though I live alone and do not have pets (I now realize that what I bought was bonded leather). Needless to say, I wasn't pleased and since it was no longer under warranty, I continued to use the pieces. It's now gotten to the point where both pieces have cracked and peeled so bad they are in dire need of replacement. I love the look and feel of leather, but as you can imagine, I'm a bit "gun shy" of buying leather pieces because I'm worried they may not last.

Obviously, these were nowhere near the quality of H&M pieces so I'm assuming I'd be fine buying an H&M sofa and eventually, a loveseat. The questions I have are in regards to the Town and Country and the Just in Time programs. I understand these are promotional programs that use kits that come from overseas and are sewn on the frames in NC, but I haven't been able to determine if there is a quality difference between T&C and JIT (I"m assuming that there is a quality difference between the promotional pieces and non-promotional pieces regarding the leather given the price difference). If so, which one would be of higher quality, T&C or JIT? Also, (and I know you can't provide a definitive answer), in your opinion, if properly cared for, how many years do you think one could expect to get out of T&C and JIT pieces given my living situation (living alone, no kids or pets)? I saw in the previous post that you had mentioned around 30 years for the T&C if properly cared for, if I read that correctly.

Thanks

Chuck-

Hi Chuck,

The issue you have experienced is that bonded leather really isn't leather at all, it's a leather by-product and actually closer to a plasticized vinyl. Once you make the move to a real top grain leather you won't have issues with longevity or durability, just do the Leather Solutions Kit maintenance twice a year and you should be good to go.

Most promotional leathers are Chinese tannery, finished - or painted - leathers. One is not appreciably better than the other in my opinion. Are they world-class hides? No, they are not. But they are light years ahead of bonded leather and genuine top grain and that's what you want. I can - and have - gotten 31 years out of a Hancock and Moore recliner in one of those leathers and it should go another ten to fifteen. Having said that, I have seen people trash a piece in less than five years, so there is no guarantee and no for sures - however the vast majority of my customers don't have issues with longevity on the pieces I sell in my store.
    Duane Collie

cbrown965 Guest

Hi Duane:

Thank you so much for your quick and thoughtful response; it helps very much! I should have mentioned that the back and sides appeared to be bonded leather while the seat cushions appear to be split (as opposed to bonded let alone top grain) leather but either way, I understand what you mean by bonded leather not really being leather.

I also understand what you mean by saying that there are no guarantee's if someone is trashing their pieces. I tend to take very good care of things in general and do not plan to treat whatever pieces I eventually purchase harshly. I just wanted to get some assurance from someone who knew these leathers that I could and probably should get a number of years out of them if I took care of them properly so I'm relieved to hear that this should be the case. Thanks again, I appreciate the response. One last question; since the quality of the leathers between T&C and JIT seems to be the same, is the real difference than simply that 1) the JIT can be built and delivered more quickly than the T&C, and 2) perhaps the leathers in terms of color and pattern offered may be different between T&C and JIT? Thanks.

The Just In Time program features leathers they were able to get on a smoking hot deal from suppliers, that's why the prices are so good. Town and Country is a regular, day in and day out program that has been around for years and those leathers are standard pieces. Expect JIT to change from time to time as deals run out in certain hides and colors.
    Duane Collie

Effective today the Journey Lounger is no longer in the Just in Time promotion. I do have one on the floor that just arrived, so if you are local to the store and want one- it's the last one at that special price point.
    Duane Collie

I am just getting my feet wet in your forums but can't thank you enough- learning so much! As far as the Hancock and Moore Just in Time program goes, is a sectional possible? I am likely missing something, but I saw above you mentioned you could order the loveseat version of a model, so I wasn't sure. Basically looking for a high quality leather sectional at a decent price point- not set on a particular color, so if I can get the price down by going through the Just in Time or T&C program that would be ideal.

The items that are available are listed on Page 1 of this thread and likewise on the Town and Country thread.
    Duane Collie

nfilling Guest

Has Hancock and Moore added any motion sofas to the Just in Time program?