Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my letter in the mail!

Jake8 Guest

Smile Got my letter in the mail!

I'm pretty excited! We got a letter in the mail from none other than Duane informing us that our new H&M sofas have been picked up from the factory and are in transit!! Won't be long now!!

sstarrx2 Guest

Default Re: Got my letter in the mail!

I was really pretty impressed at how fast my chair was completed. 30 days from order. I live in NC so delivery is pretty quick too.

Suppliers are moving fairly fast right now. Hancock and Moore is running about 5 - 6 weeks on average out the door, Bradington Young 3 weeks, Jessica Charles around 7 weeks and Taylor King about 7 - 8 weeks. White Glove delivery time is typically 2 to 3 weeks along the east coast population corridors, 2.5 - 3.5 weeks midwest, and 3.5 to 5 weeks far West Coast.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Ya!Ya!Ya!

Just received our letter, as well. Our two wing chairs and ottoman have been collected. Waiting for the freight company's call. I'm guessing our sofa isn't far behind.

TXCajun

Jake8 Guest

Got a call from the West Express delivery people and Friday will be our delivery day! I'm pretty excited! And just a bit scared.... scared that I made the wrong choices. Buying sight unseen can be scary!

Duane, could you breifly describe what to expect from an H&M delivery. I was reading in the stickies about the wooden crates that they use to ship furniture in. I was also reading about a few people whose furniture was damaged during the shipping process. How does that happen when shipped in crates? What do you recommend we do if our sofas have any damage? I don't expect any problems, but want to be prepared just in case.

Jake8 Guest

I was reading some more and I guess the "How it's packed" sticky about H&M pieces arriving in a crate is not really how it happens, unless you pay a good bit more for the delivery! (Doesn't mention that in the sticky.)

Hey, Jake8.

You and I received our letters at approximately the same time. I have not yet received the freight company call. Would you mind posting your general location? I'm wondering if we're on the same truck. Probably not, but thought I'd ask. If you'd rather not give even a general area location, I completely understand.

TXCajun

I have all sorts of information on the delivery process here, in fact there are several threads on it. Suggest you read through these and then if there is something missed, post a question or two and I shall answer them.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/foru...ng-Information

There are also two different letters that come to you with each order, the first is digital with your order form as a Word Document, the second is a hard-printed copy that is in with your receipt. They explain the process and how to check status in detail. I find a lot of customers don't read them and they often get set aside.

In an era of quick ships via Fed Ex, UPS and USPS and Amazon Prime, we kind of expect things to happen quickly in shipping furniture and it does not. It's large, bulky and there are no hand-off terminals. When they have enough of a load to go into a particular region, they organize a trip and call to let you know. Sometimes it can be two weeks, sometimes its four. On a rare occasion, it's six. As with all white glove services, the bulk of it is blanket wrapped and not shipped in the original factory cartons. Shipping in the packaging takes up too much space in the truck and they have no where to dispose of the materials once delivered.
    Duane Collie

Jake8 Guest

TXCajun.... we are in Ohio. I get the feeling you are in Texas so it's unlikely that ours would be in the same truck as yours.

Thanks Duane. I will read over those threads. Just what I was looking for. And yes, the letter we received does have some info on deliveries. And some of it is even highlighted! You can lead a horse to water......

It looks like we've got plenty of time to get ready for our delivery after all. They called today to let us know that our sofas didn't make the truck as expected. They apologized, but said it would be at least another couple of weeks now until another truck comes our way. Oh well, good thing we didn't move the old ones out yet. Our son was to come tomorrow evening to help with that.

Sorry to hear the truck was full for your area, that doesn't happen often, but it can occur from time to time.

The two companies I use, West Express and A&O are pretty good at what they do and the best price/value of what I have found in that industry. They could always be better, however I have tried them all and they are more honest and genuine than the others. Overall they do a very good job.
    Duane Collie