Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got my letter in the mail!

sstarrx2 Guest

Default Re: Got my letter in the mail!

Very nice Jake8!!! Nice choice in leather and frame!

It's not the first time I've seen a delivery crew pull that stunt. What they should have said was "It would be a huge help to us if you could take a delivery at 10 p.m., but if you can't then we can get to you at 7:30 a.m. in the morning". Then you have a choice. They will get a talk from the boss at A&O on the right way to do it.

The sofas look great! You will enjoy that leather, it ages very gracefully. Thanks again.,
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jake8,

Considering tomorrow is supposed to be the day A&O delivers our H&M furniture, my husband and I greatly appreciate reading your account. As with what we have gleaned from other forum members who posted their experiences, your account has better prepared us for handling potential delivery issues. We're hoping for the best, but like being prepared for less. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to submit your post and those photos. Your pieces are terrific and are a perfect fit for your home! You made great choices!

And, Duane, thank you for following up with A&O about that night delivery issue. Very, very helpful information.

TXCajun

I want everything to run as smoothly as possible for my customers as well. Probably the most common issue I see is they are not very accurate on their timing of when they will arrive. It's not unusual for them to call and say "We will be there from noon to 3 p.m." and then they show up at 7 p.m. or even the next morning. An irritant for sure, but you have no choice but to roll with it. I always suggest getting the name and cell phone number of the driver when they call (and ask him if he can receive texts messages, as trucks are noisy inside and can't always hear the phone ring). Then you stay in touch with them the day of delivery to see how their time is going.

The good news is the delivery teams from A&O and West Express are usually polite and don't look like they just got out of a bar fight, and are good at what they do. Most go well!
    Duane Collie

Looks awesome!!!! Long wait over! Glad there was no damage... Wish mine would have been in crates! I'm sorry, I haven't been on in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Looks awesome!!!! Long wait over! Glad there was no damage... Wish mine would have been in crates! I'm sorry, I haven't been on in months.
    Hey, Savannah.

My pieces were not in their crates, either. The Man and I had been a teensy bit hopeful they would arrive in those beloved crates, but it wasn't the case. I find it interesting that some remain crated when delivered. Not sure why that is. Oh, well...I was not the least surprised ours weren't because, truly, if it was just my and one other person's name in the hat, mine is NOT the one drawn! Ha!

TXCajun

The majority of the time they will not be in the cartons with the White Glove Services. Its up to the driver when he loads it. Two reasons. 1) Takes up 1/3 more space when in the box 2) They have no way to dispose of the trash other than carry it back to North Carolina.
    Duane Collie