Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop-at-Home Hancock and Moore setup and Bradington Young.

Default Shop-at-Home Hancock and Moore setup and Bradington Young.

I tried this a few years ago and it was well-received, then when that 'policy change' came along a few years back I abandoned it to not run afoul of the new rules. Well, things settled down and distance sales are no longer an issue, so I am re-activating this program. There are many places in the USA where there are no Hancock and Moore dealers for hundreds of miles, or perhaps you simply prefer to shop in the comfort of your own home. Many of you like this concept. Here's how it works:

I will ship you all the current leather swatches (this is a brand new set from Market with over 500 leathers in it), the current 478 page catalog, the wood samples, a retail price book and a nail board. This will weigh around 60 lbs. When you request the set, I will charge you for the shipping via your credit card for $ 100.00. This amount covers shipping both ways and when you are done with the kit, I will send a call tag for it so you do not have to chase down the UPS truck. I do not offer a credit for the 2-way shipping if you order, sorry.

A few requests and rules:

* If you must take the samples off the handles, please put them back in alphabetical order.
    * Please do not cut or snip corners of the leather samples on the rings. If you need a swatch, I will order them for you free of charge (up to a dozen).
    * Please return within one week after you receive them.

That's it! Here's what you get:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	8634

To order the set, simply go to QUOTES AND ORDERS here on the forum, fill in with your address, and then request the H&M SHOP AT HOME KIT. You can paypal $ 100 to www.keepingroom@gmail.com, or to use a credit card call the store at 703-360-6399, or put your card information on the Quotes and Orders page. It is not secure that way, however only you and I can read that thread in that forum.

Bradington Young shop-at-home kit now available as well 05/20/16
    Last edited by drcollie; 08-03-2016 at 12:16 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Default Re: New! Shop-at-Home Hancock and Moore setup, available to ship out.

That's a terrific deal, Duane! Totally fair associated costs and considering the overall investment, more than worth it. Thanks for offering that service.

TXCajun

For someone who is just starting the process of buying, this would be a fabulous way to go! All together, I think we got five different shipments of leather samples and one of the nails when we were making a decision. Never did see the wood samples in person. To have it all together in one place at one time would have been invaluable! Kinda makes me want to buy something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8 View Post
    For someone who is just starting the process of buying, this would be a fabulous way to go! All together, I think we got five different shipments of leather samples and one of the nails when we were making a decision. Never did see the wood samples in person. To have it all together in one place at one time would have been invaluable! Kinda makes me want to buy something else!
    Ah Jake8, it kinda has me rethinking the B&Y 543-25 chair in favor of H&M's Bradley chair...so, it has the added benefit of being a fabulous marketing tool in addition to being an aide to those beginning their H&M buying experience

On that note: Duane, do you have or can you put together a similar kit for Bradington Young?

I can look into that with my B-Y Rep. There are not nearly as many choices as with H&M, so it would be much smaller and less costly to ship to and fro.
    Duane Collie
    I ask that you do NOT call my store with general furniture questions, that is what the forum is for

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I can look into that with my B-Y Rep. There are not nearly as many choices as with H&M, so it would be much smaller and less costly to ship to and fro.
    Does B&Y have a catalog/e-catalog similar to H&M's? If not, it still would be invaluable to have all the leather swatches & wood samples in front of you while making your decision. I really like this whole kit idea for distance shopping

I can't even get B-Y to fix their nearly unusable website, after repeated requests. They rolled out a new format that wasn't complete and then just walked away from it. Annoys me to no end. Don't expect much in the way of an E-Catalog, they can't even get their sectionals pages fixed.

As far as the H&M setup, its very costly to have those samples. Between all you see there, it's about $ 700 to put it all together - Leathers/Nails/Woods/Catalogs. I'll only probably ever have the one and count on folks to return it on a timely basis so its available to someone else.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I can't even get B-Y to fix their nearly unusable website, after repeated requests. They rolled out a new format that wasn't complete and then just walked away from it. Annoys me to no end. Don't expect much in the way of an E-Catalog, they can't even get their sectionals pages fixed.

As far as the H&M setup, its very costly to have those samples. Between all you see there, it's about $ 700 to put it all together - Leathers/Nails/Woods/Catalogs. I'll only probably ever have the one and count on folks to return it on a timely basis so its available to someone else.
    Lol, ok...I'm following you. I haven't had any particular issues with B&Y's site, except for having to continually click "show all" even when it's already configured like that. That has gotten pretty annoying sometimes. Other than that, it's fairly user friendly from a consumer's point of view. Of course I'd like it to be more detailed with the ability to see a rendering of a sofa/chair in my chosen leather, seeing as they only have 40 or so options & Hooker's not exactly hurting for graphic designers...

Just arrived today, I have the Bradington Young Kit to ship out as well. Same conditions, however fee is $ 60 total as the box is not as large and heavy. etc. Leathers only, wood samples, catalog, nail options. (no fabrics)
    Last edited by drcollie; 08-03-2016 at 12:15 PM.
    Duane Collie