Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any swivel lounge chairs on the floor currently?

Default Do you have any swivel lounge chairs on the floor currently?

Duane,
    My aunt that lives in Severna Park was in town these last few days & just as I figured, we all went antiquing & browsing for furniture pretty much every day. Anyways, last night over dinner I finally got to ask if she'd ever been to your store & describe what all you carry(she's the one outta all of us who's really into the whole early American traditional furniture.) As I was describing all the tiger maple QA tea tables made by John Buchanan & Treharn, in addition to being a dealer for H&M and others, her eyes got wide & she was oo'ing & ahh'ing LOL.

As much as she gets around checking stuff out, I couldn't believe she'd never been to The Keeping Room!

She & mom asked if I'd know anywhere to find my 86yr old gma a good, well made swivel lounge chair, NOT a swivel glider, for drinking cocktails & watching tv (haha; what can I say? At 86yrs old, she feels she's earned the right to sip cocktails all day.) I mentioned that since my aunt was flying home today that she should stop by your store sometime this week. I know for sure H&M, & B&Y carry swivels, but not sure about TK, or Jessica Charles? However, I'm thinking a tilt back & ottoman would be better for my gma. She has a 25yr old swivel & that's NOT the chair she uses to watch tv in: she actually uses just a leather accent chair & a random ottoman.

Sorry, for all the background info, but figured it might help if you knew who'd actually be using the piece & how. Do you currently have any swivel lounge chairs on the floor at the store, in either fabric or leather? Or, a more diminutive tilt back lounge chair & ottoman, in either fabric or leather? My aunt googled your store as I was describing it, so she's already got your website, but figured having something specific to look at would be best.

I'll search the forum for pics to send links to her as well.
    Thanks again

Default Re: Do you have any swivel lounge chairs on the floor currently?

I do have several on the floor, all but one have a rocker or glider in them however. This is the only pure swivel I have on the floor, covered in an H&M bone-colored leather. Its very small and compact, but surprisingly comfortable.

http://www.jessicacharles.com/Produc...i-Swivel-Chair

If she decides to come down, please let her know I do not have an elevator and there are stairs to the upper floor where all the swivel chairs are located. All the Tilt Back chairs are standard size, sorry! I don't know of a small scale tilt back on the market from my suppliers
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I do have several on the floor, all but one have a rocker or glider in them however. This is the only pure swivel I have on the floor, covered in an H&M bone-colored leather. Its very small and compact, but surprisingly comfortable.

http://www.jessicacharles.com/Produc...i-Swivel-Chair

If she decides to come down, please let her know I do not have an elevator and there are stairs to the upper floor where all the swivel chairs are located. All the Tilt Back chairs are standard size, sorry! I don't know of a small scale tilt back on the market from my suppliers
    Lol, it'd be my aunt who'd stop by. My gma lives here in Texas & my aunt has been coming down now about every few months. Sometimes she flies & sometimes rents a van to haul pieces bought in y'alls area down here. So, an elevator/stairs isn't an issue for her.

I don't personally think my gma would prefer a swivel as HER main tv watching chair just based on what she's using now. When we all head over to her house, one of us usually ends up in the swivel. I think she'd prefer either a tilt back & ottoman or just a lounge chair & ottoman. I'll send the links to my aunt & see what she thinks bout them. I know she's excited & interested in seeing your case goods for her own use

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Actually tiger maple woods are harder than others. It's really perfect to make long lasting char and table. I also used these wood to make my dining table.
    Think already drcollie gave you exact link. Here, I'm newbie that's didn't get fare to share any link. More time I heard about swivel lounge chair but yet I didn't use it. Have a plan to buy it in next month. What about it's price do you know?
    Is your reply directed towards me, or Duane? And, I'm sorry, but I didn't really understand what you were saying in your reply.

Well, not exactly. You can have tiger (or curly) maple in both soft and hard species of maple. The stripe effect which gives it the name happens in about 8% of a maple forest, and experts are not sure what causes it, but its not a particular species of maple. What you look for in your tiger maple is a clean, bright white log (when cut at the mill) with no colored heartwood, that yields the best stripe effect when its finished. Any dark spots in the lumber or greenish tint areas should not be used for primary pieces of the project.

P.S. Betcha 'Katrina' is a spammer just testing the waters right now and it won't take long to find out. I've seen this off-topic, broken-English, confusing-post thing a thousands times here and 999 of those times they were spammers. But I could be mistaken....
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Well, not exactly. You can have tiger (or curly) maple in both soft and hard species of maple. The stripe effect which gives it the name happens in about 8% of a maple forest, and experts are not sure what causes it, but its not a particular species of maple. What you look for in your tiger maple is a clean, bright white log (when cut at the mill) with no colored heartwood, that yields the best stripe effect when its finished. Any dark spots in the lumber or greenish tint areas should not be used for primary pieces of the project.

P.S. Betcha 'Katrina' is a spammer just testing the waters right now and it won't take long to find out. I've seen this off-topic, broken-English, confusing-post thing a thousands times here and 999 of those times they were spammers. But I could be mistaken....
    Lol yep, I agree bout the broken English spammer...have yet to see "Katrina" clarify who that gibberish was directed towards. Why would a spammer come on here to back up what you're saying? Aren't they usually lackeys for some other furniture maker/dealer? Lol, I'm not running blogs or forums, so dunno what's up with the spammers that don't fall into the obvious shilling category...

Regarding the swivel chair, I'm sure bone colored leather would be vetoed immediately, but if it's a well styled frame that's all that matters. I'll let my aunt know about it. The Jessica Charles model you linked to is right up my alley, but even in a more subdued fabric choice, I think it's a little too modern & transitional for my gma. She'd prefer a more traditionally styled frame that won't dominate the room(not H&M Author Chair scaled.)

That's why I think choosing a swivel chair alone makes the task so much more daunting: just choose a nice, traditional but not too large lounge chair & ottoman, or tilt back & ottoman. That & the fact that my gma doesn't even use the current swivel as her tv watching chair. I can pick out a dozen frames I'd think would be perfect, but my aunt & mom know what my gma would go for & what she wouldn't...hence, my suggesting my aunt pop in to look at the case goods while checking out what's available to look at regarding swivels, etc.

I was looking thru the fabric upholstery pictures & the Jessica Charles #459-SR Moses Swivel Rocker looks actually kinda prefect size & even that green choice of fabric would go well with my gma's decor.

Lol, I don't expect you to STILL have a chair from '09 on the floor, but just wondering if Jessica Charles still makes this frame? Is there JUST a swivel version?

I was looking thru the fabric upholstery pictures & the Jessica Charles #459-SR Moses Swivel Rocker looks actually kinda prefect size & even that green choice of fabric would go well with my gma's decor.

Lol, I don't expect you to STILL have a chair from '09 on the floor, but just wondering if Jessica Charles still makes this frame? Is there JUST a swivel version? Do they still carry the same fabric: Hanover Sage (Gr 50)?

Already sent pics to my aunt & mom, as well as the other Jessica Charles swivel rocker you posted(model # 422-SR in Fawn Laddle.)

Dunno why when hitting the back button it brought me back to this page with the dialogue box open & my last post in it. Apologize for somewhat of a duplicate post

Thanks again, Duane!

Ok, took a brief look at Jessica Charles's site & answered my own question: the # 459 is only available as a swivel rocker. The # 428-S Kendal Swivel looks almost identical & is just a swivel. A lot of the roll arm swivels with simple lines would suit her too.

I'm sure for the photos, since they're newly made up pieces they look a bit taught, or they'd sit firm. Have you found that to be the case with many of their swivels?

Yes, I do still have the green 459-SR Moses. Sometimes my floor models are here a LONG time! It seems no matter what color I pick, its never the one someone wants and they special order! I get very little floor traffic however, so my floor models don't get shopworn. That frame is still available. Hanover Sage is dropped, so my floor model would be the last one in that material.

Most their chairs are not firm sitting, I find the bulk of them to be 'just right'.
    Duane Collie