Thread: Beachcraft Rattan Outdoor Furniture

Default Beachcraft Rattan Outdoor Furniture

When I was at the High Point Market, one of the things I wanted to do was find some outdoor furniture for myself and my wife for our home. I went to a lot of showrooms, and most of what I saw looked pretty bad. I was just about to throw in the towel when I discovered Beachcraft out of Florida. Now THEY had what I was looking for. www.beachcraftrattan.com

I ordered a sectional in Sunbrella fabric and it arrived a few days ago. Its very light, easy to handle and while technically I now have a dealership, I would have had to order several more sets to get swatches for the product as sales material. I don't think there is much market at this price point, at least not in my store. This set as shown would sell for $ 2,430 plus shipping, but I thought I'd share it here just in case anyone is looking for better outdoor furniture. My wife loves it, the cushions are not soft (hurray!) so they don't sink like mush as most outdoor furniture upholstery does, and the cores are made of a special fast-dry foam should they get wet. The frame is made of a synthetic rattan material and cleans with soap and water, as do the Sunbrella cushions and pillows.

The sun will fade EVERYTHING. Also we have a of birds in the backyard so I ordered these outdoor covers (Duck Covers) off Amazon for less than $ 40 each. They are very nice made, and you can't beat the price. I just noticed my wife put the one on the wrong way in the photo. Should be turned 180 degrees...oh well.

Shown with the Brown Jordan Alcohol-fired 'fire pit' that I also purchased at Market as a 50% off Floor Display Sample in the showroom.

Now I have to finish staining and cleaning the deck....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4803.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	8760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4804.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	8761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4805.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	8762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4827.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	188.7 KB 
ID:	8764
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sstarrx2 Guest

Default Re: Beachcraft Rattan Outdoor Furniture

Very nice!!! Really like it and will have to keep this brand in mind. It is very hard to find nice outdoor furniture...allot of garbage out there. At least your decking is TREX and you only have railing and spindles to stain and just pressure wash the rest!

MJM_CA Guest

It was $2,430 for the entire sectional set with pillows? That's a very good deal for what looks like a great quality product.
    Outdoor furniture is very expensive, especially if you're looking at the higher quality brands like Gloster, Castelle and Summer Classics.

That's the retail price that I would sell the same set for to forum members. I think most people want the $ 599 Home Depot / Lowes stuff, so I didn't buy it with the intention of offering it for sale here or in my store, but I do have a dealer catalog and pricing for it.

But no swatches...I would have to sell at least two more sets to get fabric sample setups. Pillows were add-ons ( $ 270 worth of that total for (4)).

Once I put this on the deck, I also realized I should have make the deck an additional four feet deeper!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

sstarrx2 Guest

Yes, bigger deck has the immediate benefit of less lawn to mow!!! Of course that gives less space for the dog to play too!

I am LOVING this. I just checked out the website in general. Filing this away...