Thread: TXCajun: H&M Pieces Arrived!

Default TXCajun: H&M Pieces Arrived!

Yay!Yay!Yay!

The A&O Home Delivery guys just delivered our H&M sofa, chairs, and ottoman. It could not have gone more smoothly. They called when they were approximately two hours out and then arrived within the original window given. They introduced themselves and came inside to get a lay of the land. Then, they very carefully brought in, unwrapped, and placed each perfect and beautiful piece exactly where we indicated. They were friendly and visited with us while we inspected each piece. (I'd created a typed page the hubs and I used as a checklist because I recalled Duane mentioning on the forum that when the shiny, new toys arrive, customers sometimes get so excited they forget to focus on the inspection. I assure you, we are the exact people to whom Duane was referring! Thank goodness we had that checklist because we were definitely awed.)

Each piece safely arrived. No scrapes, dings, pressure points, rips...nada. Each seam, welt, fold, button is tight. Every nail in place. The cushions are exactly what we were hoping for. The hides are glorious in every way, and the leather smell is heavenly. As a reminder, we ordered H&M:

Tavern Sofa - Capri Tobacco, Portsmouth, L&C nails, single bench seat cushion, custom casters

(2) Raleigh Wing Chairs - Hyde Park Tan Lightly Burnished, Portsmouth, L nail spaced, gimp at base

Chippendale Ottoman - Hyde Park Tan Lightly Burnished, Portsmouth, L nail spaced, gimp at base

My husband and I are thrilled with the outcome, and we have great respect and appreciation for Duane's professionalism, guidance and assistance throughout the entire process. He knows his stuff, gives 150%, and makes it happen! We also are extremely thankful for Duane's forum and all the members' posts. We read, asked questions, and received terrific advice, suggestions, and tips.

We are believers in Duane and look forward to future purchases from The Keeping Room.

Since we just made the move to this current home, I have yet to come across our for-real-deal camera. As soon as I do, I will post photos!

TXCajun

Jenny Guest

Default Re: TXCajun: H&M Pieces Arrived!

I'm so happy for your TXCajun! I absolutely love the H&M Raleigh Wing chairs. I can't wait to see your photos

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I'm so happy for your TXCajun! I absolutely love the H&M Raleigh Wing chairs. I can't wait to see your photos
    Thanks, Jenny. The Raleigh chairs are wonderful. We do love the H&M Baron tufted wing chair, but it's a BIG boy that has a footprint that's simply too big for the house we're currently trying to build. The Raleigh is elegant and handsome, as well, but scaled down just enough to be the perfect fit for our needs. In a smaller space, it definitely has a great presence. So, win-win for us!

TXCajun

PurpleFrog Guest

Making a spreadsheet... I like your style!
    I cannot wait to see pics.
    You sound thrilled and I am so happy you are!

Thank YOU for the glowing review! Always appreciated and I'm glad you are pleased how everything turned out.

Capri leather has a wonderful aroma in a room....smells like butter! Probably my favorite one. I appreciate you business!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jake8 Guest

Wonderful! Can't wait to see pics!

I am working with Duane now on a sofa purchase. Would you be willing to share checklist or give me some guidance as to what to put on one?

Thanks.

gator73 (Actually, I'm a Louisiana Cajun)

Hi, gator73.

Happy to help! I think you're referring to a delivery checklist, but if not, just let me know. Following is the checklist my husband and I used when our pieces were delivered. The delivery guys seemed pressed for time, but we took our time and stuck to our list.

FURNITURE DELIVERY CHECKLIST

1) Clear pathways, out and in.
    2) If rainy out, put down floor protection, if needed.
    3) Consider wrapping door jambs.
    4) Note any marks and/or damage to residence. What will warrant an immediate call?
    5) Inspecting furniture
    a. Lift end, noting odd noises or flexing.
    b. Press down on arms and back, noting any frame damage.
    c. Inspect all seams and welting for splits or rips.
    d. Remove cushions and press down on decking, noting odd noises or loose springs.
    e. Inspect entire body of upholstery for scrapes, scratches, scuffs, pressure points, rips, holes, etc.
    f. Inspect cushion zippers.
    g. Inspect legs, casters.
    h. Inspect nails for alignment, any that are loose, etc.
    i. Verify all pieces and upholstery are correct models.
    6) Have correct cash payment ready. If delivery guys do a good job, give a generous tip. Offer them something to drink and a snack.

It seemed silly to have a checklist, but we were glad we had it. And, ultimately, I believe it actually proved a time saver for the delivery process.

TXCajun

(Please excuse the awkward formatting. I copied and pasted from our original Word doc.)

Thank you so much for the information. Great list! I have saved it to my "sofa" folder and will use it when it gets delivered.