Thread: Handmade Williamsburg style Silver Chest (Kittinger Copy) available to order

Default Handmade Williamsburg style Silver Chest (Kittinger Copy) available to order

Forty years ago Kittinger Company made a Silver Chest for Colonial Williamsburg at their direction and they ceased doing it around 1988. I had always liked that piece so had one made for myself about 15 years ago by Doug St. Clair, who since passed away. It's been a favorite piece in our home and one we will always keep. This one measures (overall) 25" wide@base,12.75" Deep, 36.25" High.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc1.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	8870Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc2.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	8871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc3.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	8872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc4.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	8873Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sc5.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	8874

Recently a customer came into my store looking for one, and they just are not out there. I took the photos of mine you see here, and she has commissioned John Buchanan to build one using mine as one to copy from. I will let John have my unit for about 6 weeks so he can work from it. While I realize that few people collect and use silver any more, I thought I would post this in case there is someone that would like to get one of these at a price of $ 2,790. That would include delivery to my store however shipping beyond that would be additional. You could have it done in tiger maple, cherry (as mine is in), walnut or mahogany. Drawers are lined and top is compartmentalized as you can see. There are three functional locks in the piece as well. Of course it is entirely hand-made, with proper mortise and tenon construction, hand-dovetailed drawers, genuine brass and all the other features you would expect from a world-class build.

If you are interested in also commissioning one, let me know. Delivery would be in September/October this year.
    Last edited by drcollie; 06-19-2016 at 07:49 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.