Thread: Would Love some Advice and Opinions

Jackie Guest

Default Would Love some Advice and Opinions

Hi - I am currently in the search for a new sofa and have been for awhile. Our current sofa is a Thomasville Ashby made way back when Thomasville was still made in Thomasville NC ( I am originally from that area, so I had a love for them). It is leather and must be at least 13 years or so old - still in great shape and I love the comfort level of this sofa. I am moving it to another room and would like to buy a Hancock and Moore. The challenge - our local stores in Florida are very limited on the showroom floor. At this point, I have only physically sat in the Journey, the Austin, and the Sundance. Out of the 3, the Sundance was the most comfortable.

The Journey sat a little too upright for me and I felt as if it was a little short (not quite deep enough-maybe because I felt I was sitting too upright?), the Austin - I was not a big fan of the bustle back cushions - I know a lot of people are - it just did not feel right to me. The issue is the legs would have to come off the Sundance to get it through our front door and I feel it is a little too wide for the space that I want to place it....so, the search continues.. I love to sit on the sofa and I like it comfortable, like to put my legs up to the side of me on it, lay down, etc...so, the Sundance had that deep feel without being too deep and the "sit in" feel. Maybe it was the lean factor of the Sundance, as I don't like anything that feels like it is throwing me too far forward? I have not been able to see in person a Kodiak, Rugby, or others - do you all have any suggestions or opinions on what my description reads as if I would like? Any comments are appreciated I won't hold you to it

Default Re: Would Love some Advice and Opinions

It's VERY hard to pin down seating angles and comfort for someone, I tend to shy away from doing so.

The Sundance is very deep at 50", it really belongs in larger rooms. The Kodiak and the Journey are somewhat similar, with the Kodiak being firmer and slightly more upright. So much is just personal opinion and preference, I know I really liked the new # 6277 Monaco Sofa at the April Market, I thought that was hugely nice to sit in. Like Alan Price the Designer of it and I were joking around about it "Feels just like Buddah!" This isn't on the H&M website yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asofa.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	8882

Another one of the new market intros I liked was the 6267-3 Cologne Sofa. I ordered one as floor display model. Sits marvelous. Again, not yet on the H&M website;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COL.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	8883

I don't think anyone would dislike either of those two new ones from a comfort aspect, but you never know.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jackie Guest

Thanks for the quick reply. That is very helpful, in regard to the Kodiak. Yea - we have a really large great room, I just don't want the sofa quite that far in the middle of it - our sofa does free float in the room, yet the Sundance would just be a little too overwhelming in my opinion. I love the look of those two you just posted - the Monaco really stands out in that photo! Nice, real nice.... both of them. I know how I want it to feel, I just have to find it...........like right now, slouched down on my old one with my feet on the table, yet my neck is not being thrown forward nor do I look at the ceiling...lol

Well, you won't find either of those until Fall, they've not yet made the first run of them! Even then, you will have quite a search for them....I can tell you the one will be at my store in Virginia probably in late August / early September. Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jackie Guest

Thanks - I am willing to wait and keep searching for just the right one I may need to make a trip to NC and go to Furnitureland South and check out the H & M showroom in the fall and sit on as many as I can............... That place is so overwhelming though....Furnitureland South that is....If I get your way during my work travels, I will definitely visit your store.