Thread: Palliser Leather

kdhoffma Guest

Default Palliser Leather

I've been looking for a leather couch, chair and ottoman for the past few months. I'm looking to spend up to $3000 (after delivery and taxes) and am looking for something durable (small kids). I've read good things about the Palliser brand on gardenweb so I went to their website and found some local retailers (Houston, TX area). I went to one of the retailers (the Room Store) yesterday and really liked a casual set I saw there. It was the Palliser Marcella line (77563) and was priced at $1300 for the sofa, $1000 for the chair and $400 for the ottoman. They are currently offering 10% off right now. I'm just wondering if this seems like a reasonable price and also if anyone knows anything about this particular set? I've done some web searches and found the set also selling under the name Marsela. I've read it has 8-way hand tied springs in the seats and sinuous in the back but I'm not sure if this is correct? Anyone know the quality of the leather? Also, I flipped over the chair and noticed the tag said it's made in Mexico. Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

soster Guest

I don't have my Palliser info with me so I'll do the best I can. Off the top of my head those seem like good prices. I really like the quality of their 8-way lineup. It's a drop-in 8-way, meaning the coils are tied within a box that is bolted to the sofa frame. Not the traditional method like Hancock and Moore, but the sofas do come out very nice and sit very well.

Dealers in the South get their deliveries from Palliser's Mexico plant. Palliser has been operating this plant for at least 10 years and is a well run company.

The quality of the leather is generally good but like any leather sofa, get what is right for you and your usage.

kdhoffma Guest

Thanks for the reply! Do you happen to know whether this model uses 8-way hand tied springs? I've seen conflicting info regarding this set, some say it has sinuous springs, others say it is 8-way hand tied.