Thread: Coordinating Taylor King Sofa with H&M Chairs

astropixel Guest

Default Coordinating Taylor King Sofa with H&M Chairs

Hi Duane,
    My wife and I are planning our Living Room now and decided to blend a fabric sofa with two leather side chairs. We both like the TK Longfellow sofa and the H&M Ricky chair (5831-1).

We haven't sat in the Longfellow sofa, so any comments about it would be welcomed.

It took a lot of effort to decide on our Family Room sofa, but happily the H&M Westwood sofa in Tiburon Mink leather has worked out well. We'll probably stick with the Tiburon leather for the chairs, but this time in Peacock color for design accent. I'll request a couple of samples separately since we've only seen it in web pictures.

As hard as it was to choose the leather for our first good sofa, the prospect of choosing a fabric is dizzying. The variety compared with leather is staggering and of course we can only feel what we ask for samples of. We're looking for a blue pattern with a contemporary feel that will wear well and go great with the Tiburon Peacock leather (teal). The room's carpet and walls are tannish and it's adjacent to the Dining room with deep red walls. The fabric needs to wear well with dogs and be comfortable as it may move to our family room in a possible future relocation.

We'd appreciate any suggestions.

Lastly, is it reasonable to coordinate the orders to TK and H&M for a single delivery to us. I would expect that to cost less than two separate shipments.

Thanks!

Default Re: Coordinating Taylor King Sofa with H&M Chairs

I don't have nearly as much Taylor King go through my store at Hancock and Moore, so unfortunately I have no experience with the Longfellow sofa, however I can tell you from the photo it has a gentle curve all throughout the front. And yes, there are THOUSANDS of fabrics, not hundreds. To make it even harder to get a handle on them, every 6 months each maker drops about 200 and adds in 200 new. It's impossible to remember what each one has. Fabric pieces are much more difficult to shop than leather without being in a brick and mortar store to see them all. Best you can do is look at photos of the fabrics on line and request a sample.

We can't combine deliveries with different makers, sorry. Each one has its own pickup and Bill of Lading. You can request the delivery company hold one order to wait for another if you like, but it won't result in a reduced freight bill.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.