I cannot say for sure, other than I did not order any of the Signature line with the solid maple frames. I felt the price was too high and most my customers are not willing to pay for it. It can make a $ 2,500 chair into a $ 3,500 chair, and most consumers are very price conscious. 93% to 95% of all new upholstery in the market today is made with 'engineered hardwoods' or plywood. The solid maple frame is the anomaly.

What really intrigues me is that Hancock and Moore still does solid maple frames across the line at at far better price points than say the Century Signature line. You can buy a # 9840 City Sofa in the 'Just in Time" promotion in all top grain leather in the mid- $ 2K price point with a solid maple frame and true 8-way hand-tied construction. That's just amazing and they should be flying out the door like hotcakes if folks realized the value of that build. There is nothing on the market even close to that price point.

I do not see that continuing at H&M forever, though. With Century now owning H&M, its just a matter of years /time before that changes. Not any time soon, but its going to happen. The solid maple frame is just too costly to stay with over time and the plywood frames have proved substantial with no structural failures.