Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So now that I'm a Century Furniture dealer.....

Default So now that I'm a Century Furniture dealer.....

Look at the Catalogs they sent me today. With (4) Binders to put them all in. I mean....SERIOUSLY? Who can keep track of this? It's a stack like the National Congressional Budget. I have to learn all this? OY!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5055 (1).jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	8939
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Andrew Liu Guest

Default Re: So now that I'm a Century Furniture dealer.....

one thing i would like to know is if there are different "lines" within century. like i see that binder with "century trading co." is there a meaningful difference between that and regular century?

As you can see, apparently there are different lines, or else there would not be that stack of catalogs! And right now, I have no idea on those differences and it will be a chore just to get the books in the right order.
    Duane Collie

Why would they not send the bound already? Why put all that work on your dealers?

The Sales Rep is supposed to come by and do that. However I usually find its just easier to do it myself, helps me learn the product line.
    Duane Collie

Question if you don't mind, where does Century fit in compared to the usual brands you carry? Going to their website I see they list H&M and some other brands you carry as their sister brands just wondering where they fit in.

Century has quite an extensive and deep line. They have both imports and domestic made product in case goods. with the imports being considerably less in cost.

In upholstery, its all USA-made however they have a "Signature" line which is built to Hancock and Moore standards, that is solid maple frame. The regular line is a plywood construction, and far outsells the solid wood frame line I am told. At the end of the day, most consumers will still shop price over the highest build standard.

There are an unbelieveable (28) catalogs - yes that's right, twenty-eight of product. I laid them all out on the counter today before putting them in binders. I doubt I will ever have a truly good grasp of their entire product line, its overwhelming! Here's a video of the books....

https://youtu.be/Z9Ura5VYj1w
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-26-2016 at 05:23 PM.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Century has quite an extensive and deep line. They have both imports and domestic made product in case goods. with the imports being considerably less in cost.

In upholstery, its all USA-made however they have a "Signature" line which is built to Hancock and Moore standards, that is solid maple frame. The regular line is a plywood construction, and far outsells the solid wood frame line I am told. At the end of the day, most consumers will still shop price over the highest build standard.

There are an unbelieveable (28) catalogs - yes that's right, twenty-eight of product. I laid them all out on the counter today before putting them in binders. I doubt I will ever have a truly good grasp of their entire product line, its overwhelming! Here's a video of the books....

Thanks, i'll keep an eye out for them next time furniture shopping.

All my Century fabrics arrived yesterday at the store, together with the wood samples. 97 lbs. worth in a box. They are now on display in my store as well in the fabric sample racks.
    Duane Collie

Andrew Liu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post

looking at the website (https://www.centuryfurniture.com/pro...ion=upholstery) i would be surprised if the "signature" collection was the only one that was solid maple frame... what about others, particularly thomas o'brien, home elegance, and chair? i can believe that "studio essentials," "trading company," or "create your own" are plywood tho.