Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hancock & Moore # 7152 Manning Recliner in Hutton Birch

Default Hancock & Moore # 7152 Manning Recliner in Hutton Birch

wood finish : Java

This was a new Spring Market intro, and just landed at my store as a floor model. The CEO of Hancock & Moore was really keen on this recliner and I think he convinced every dealer to buy one to put on their showroom, including me. I have to say, this chair doesn't look particularly unique but it has a sit to it that is rather different, and that's why he liked it so much. It has a new mechanism in the unit by Ultra-Mek and the seat angle has a bit more pitch in it, which pockets you into the chair more than most recliners. It's pretty decent! I'm 5' 11" and 260 lb and didn't think I would fit me, but I find its just fine and I do like the way it feels. If you want a Transitional style recliner, this one is worth a look.

In-store shot shows it next to a new Century End Table that just arrived as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	8940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	8941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R4.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	8942Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r5.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	8943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R6.jpg 
Views:	605 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	8944
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 7152 Manning Recliner in Hutton Birch

Duane, the photos outside show up as a robin egg blue on my computer, while the showroom photo shows as a light tan (birch) color. Not shure why but you night check you camera setup.

My guess is it is a white color so in pictures it reflects the hue of the light wherever it is. Light blue in sunlight and an ivory or tan in regular yellow bulbs.

Sorry, I don't have time in the day to color-correct any photos. These are done not for color accuracy, but to give folks different angles to see the piece from. For color accuracy on leather, always request a free sample swatch.
    Duane Collie

emilyh Guest

Is Ultra-Mek new to H&M or is it the same brand mechanism in their other motion seating? Could you clarify the different pitch - is it more difficult to get out of the seat? How do you think the low lumbar support is compared to other models? Thank you!

Ultra-Mek is no newcomer to the game, however for years they have had exclusive contracts with certain companies, primary American Leather as I understand it. That all blew up in a fight and not Ultra-Mek is released from its contracts and can sell to whomever they like. So I'm told.....

No, that is not difficult to get out of at all. Unless you focus on such things as I do, you wouldn't even notice it. It creates a nice little "pocket" in this particular chair that makes it great to sit in, at least for my tastes. Back support is excellent.
    Duane Collie

emilyh Guest

Thank you!

emilyh Guest

Back again. I like the style of the Manning and need the shallower depth. It looks like a slim Ghent, which I was able to sit in today. But, the padding in the Manning back cushions look thinner. Have you sat in a Ghent and do you have an opinion of the feel of it vs the Manning? Is it risky to go with a new model? The leather I was thinking of using is the Capri Plateau, but I don't like the "mottled" look that I've read the Capri leathers have, so my second choice would be Quintessence Camel or Ebony. As an alternative, I could go with two smaller stationary chairs and like the look of the Restoration chair, but would prefer it to be a bit roomier inside. Thanks for any insight you can give on the Manning vs the Ghent.

Sorry, I cannot give you comfort comparisons. That's something I try to avoid doing as I don't want YOU to base a purchase on my opinion on how something "feels". In order for anyone to do a valid comparison they have to be side-by-side anyways. and I do not have a Ghent in the store.They are similar in size and frame, I do not think you would find a huge difference in one from another, however.
    Duane Collie

emilyh Guest

Thanks. I wasn't really looking for comfort opinions so much as size difference in thickness of iback cushions. The site shows the Manning is about 4 inches shorter in depth and width. To me that's not similar in size.