Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamps

trisig Guest

Default Lamps

Does anyone know of a good internet site to look for nice lamps at a reasonable price? The lighting stores can get very confusing and I don't have a lot of time to shop...

Thanks

organic_smallhome Guest

Hi. I guess I would say that it depends on what type of lamps you're looking for (modern, traditional, antique, etc.). In general, I think that Lampsplus is a good resource:

http://www.lampsplus.com/

Also, this is a good source (with good prices) for Hubbardton Forge lighting:

http://www.carolinarustica.com/Defau...cd2=1245541643

I've gotten a couple of really nice vintage/antique lamps off of ebay. Here's a vintage Roseville I purchased a few years ago (see attached photo).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0778.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	349  

In my store my two primary lamp suppliers are Wildwood and Sedgefield by Adams. Both have pretty good websites up, but no pricing on them. For some odd reason, the Wildwood site on the consumer side of things is poor, but you can access the dealer side with an account name and password, and that has the full line. There are still no prices or ordering capability on the dealer side, so I can't figure out why the big secret....but if anyone wants to see the full Wildwood line PM me off list and I'll give you my passcodes to get on.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

I totally forgot about Wildwood lamps! It used to be possible to see their lamps (and prices) online, but yes, for some reason, that access is no longer available.

winnipb Guest

I always had the same problem trying to find lamps. Searched the internet like crazy and finally got the ones I have from Restoration Hardware. They are very nice!

lopez.jenni06 Guest

Default Re: Lamps

Hi,
    I want to refurnish my Drawing room and i want good lighting so any body could please suggest me a good online shop for my purchase???????
    Thanks

I don't personally favor any particular online shop - if I'm shopping online I try to find a product I like, then use comparison shopping (e.g., Google Products) to find a good price. Note that I don't always go with "the best price", as some of the bottom feeders are unreliable in every sense of the word, but you can usually find a good retailer with a good price. Oh - and always search for coupon codes, as you can very often find a discount of 10-20% at online lamp shops.

My last few purchases have been through CSN lighting, which gets mixed reviews but has good prices for lamps and usually has a discount code available through sites that list coupon codes. My purchases have been drop shipped by the manufacturer, so I can't comment on their direct fulfillment, but i've received my pieces in good condition within a few days of my order.

Goodgal Guest

Hey!
    Newbie here. If I read correctly you own a furniture store in Va. Do you ever work with designers in NC with discounts to the trade?

Yes, I do own a furniture store in VA, but I have such aggressive pricing there is no further room for discounts to the trade. Sorry.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

B. Buchanan Guest

I work for a furniture company in Western North Carolina. We mave many lamps to choose from on our website. www.highcountry.com I hope this helps!