Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cameo Mocha or Gaucho Mocha....can someone please help me pick?

jsouthampton Guest

Default Re: Cameo Mocha or Gaucho Mocha....can someone please help me pick?

Viviv, not sure if you've made your decision yet, but I just looked through my samples again-- I would say cameo mocha burnished would be perfect for what your looking for, it's absolutely gorgeous. Classic and inviting, but easy to dress up. Would be a front runner for my purchase if I weren't looking for a slightly lighter and more rustic leather! Hope this helps.

ViviV Guest

Well guys, I went with Tiburon Mink. My order is in as of 2 days ago and I am done. This journey was looooong! But I love my choices and promise I will post pictures when the furniture arrives.

How did I reach my decision: I read over and over again so many posts on this forum where people have struggled with choosing their leather. And the tips Duane gave so many people that were in my shoes helped me decide. He said....and I am paraphrasing here: " Don't become focused just on the color, the tone of the leather. You have to smell it and touch it as well. Do you want to sit on a stiff couch or a soft one for the next 25 years? Try hurting the leather, test it in the kitchen. How does it stand up to what you may put it through? Basically, the type of leather you choose should be more important than just the color of it. And lastly, lay the sample you like on a piece of furniture and then look at it from 8-10 feet away. That's the color you'll perceive when its upholstered on your furniture." So I did all that.... I already knew Tiburon was the softest (although Cameo was a close second), Tiburon smells incredible, and from 8 feet away the color was still the best for the room. The others way way too dark. So I decided on Tiburon Mink. I frantically wrote an email with the order on it before I could change my mind again, I hit "send" and off it went to Duane!

Finito!

And it will be gorgeous, and like all pull-ups, get better with use as it builds patina. Thank you for the business!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ViviV Guest

Thanks Duane! I can't wait to see the furniture in my living room. Again, thanks for all the guidance (and patience) thru the process!! I have told the family that we'll have new furniture for Christmas! BTW, I was the only one excited about that comment.... my sons responded "you mean instead of video games?" :S oh boy! LOL!