Thread: Cotton/Polyester/Rayon Blend

bcgreen Guest

Default Cotton/Polyester/Rayon Blend

Hi Duane,

I'm back after another long weekend of furniture shopping. We found a Jessica Charles fabric (Garwood Taupe #9418) that is 44% Cotton/36% Polyester/20% Rayon. Does a blend like this have any negative characteristics, ie tough to clean, stretches...? Also, do you know what the double rub number is for this fabric? And finally, do you know if Hancock & Moore will be offering the August discount again this year? Does that usually start at the beginning of the month? Thanks, again.

Brian

I have a call into the factory to get the 'rub' value. They have to call the mill to get it and get back to me. Its not easy to get that info, but it is available.

That blend is good, provides for good wear and feel characteristics. Longevity will depend on the thickness and density of the weave.

H&M traditionally offers a 5% sale to its dealers that qualify in August, on Non Town ad Country items. I have no idea if they intend to offer it this August and its too soon for me to ask. Assume they will, but I can't say for sure.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.