Thread: Due to family emergency I will be temporarily unavailable and the store closed.

Default Due to family emergency I will be temporarily unavailable and the store closed.

My elderly mother had a medical issue today and is hospitalized. That leaves only me to care for my 93-year-old father with late stage Alzheimer's - no one else to do it. Had to lock the store up today and likely will be most of tomorrow as well (Friday). Hopefully will resolve shortly, but until further notice the store is closed and you will get the phone recorder. I do not have access to my price books so quotes will have to wait a bit as well. The hazards of running a one-person business! - Duane
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ViviV Guest

Default Re: Due to family emergency I will be temporarily unavailable and the store closed.

Duane, I hope your mom is better soon. We can connect next week; we are ready to place the order in time for the h&M sale.
    Prayers going your way.
    Last edited by ViviV; 08-26-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Default Re: Due to family emergency I will be temporarily unavailable and the store closed.

Duane--some things are definitely more important--we'll be remembering your family in our prayers.

Back up and running, regular store hours.
    Duane Collie

My mother fell down the stairs today at 3 p.m. and tore the ball of her hip off in its socket, so she will have emergency hip replacement tomorrow (Friday) at age 90 and have quite a stint in re-hab, then will need to move out of her house to an assisted living facility. I also have to find a Dementia unit to place my father in ASAP. So the next couple of days I will be in and out of the store (mostly out) with a full plate. Please wait until sometime next week for minor requests such as samples, checking on order status, calling the store with questions, etc. I will do the best I can under the circumstances, however I have much to try to do on the elder-front the next few days and that is going to take priority. Will get to emails and forum requests as time allows. Hopefully I can get the bulk of all this accomplished in a few days.

Thanks for your patience. - Duane
    Duane Collie

Sending prayers Duane...

Thanks all...I plan to have the store open on Saturday regular store hours. Surgery has gone well so far, have home care set up for my father. Will be in the store 9:30 to 5:30 tomorrow!
    Duane Collie