Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Agenda Sofa

adubg Guest

Exclamation New Agenda Sofa

My wife and I just received our new Agenda Sofa in Piazza Dusk from a reliable vendor and I had some concerns about the loose/excess leather on the seat back cushions (ultra down). In the photos online there is no excess leather. Ours (see attached) on the left and right cushions have a fair amount of excess leather in the middle. Is this normal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cropped_agenda Sofa Photo.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	9073

Default Re: New Agenda Sofa

It's the Ultra Down doing that, I would have not used that in the back on that kind of button tuft back, standard cores would have been fuller.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

adubg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    It's the Ultra Down doing that, I would have not used that in the back on that kind of button tuft back, standard cores would have been fuller.
    Thanks for your response Duane.

Anything I can do about the seat back with the vendor? Wouldn't H&M design these be tight with the down as each piece is custom?

In my opinion you ordered the wrong back core to have a tight and squared away back. You can discuss with your dealer the possibility of returning the back cushion to H&M and have the ultra down removed and a overfill standard fiber fill made for it. Some charges may apply.... Good luck
    Duane Collie

Hello, I am new to the forum and I think it's great! Thank you for all the info. I'm considering H&M furniture: 2 recliners and 2 sofas. I'm looking at the Greyson recliners in leather and the Agenda sofa in fabric. I have never sat in the Agenda sofa and that makes me nervous. Do you have any comments about it? Also, does the Agenda sofa come without the tufted back cushions? I'm concerned after seeing the picture on this thread! Another question I have is about the recliners: manual, power, or battery???
    Last edited by DebbieRR; 07-19-2023 at 11:06 PM.

I plan to order it in fabric but I'm concerned after seeing this photo. I'm sorry for this post. I'm new and I tried to delete it!
    Last edited by DebbieRR; 07-19-2023 at 11:12 PM. Reason: trying to delete

As in my prior posts, that "wrinkling" in the back on the OP's photo is due to the piece being ordered with Ultra Down back cushions. I would not recomment any kind of tufted / channeled back be in Ultra Down for that reason. Standard Fiber Fill backs will not migrate like down does. I am sure H&M will make you non-button'ed backs if you like. May be a small upcharge to do so.
    Duane Collie

Thank you for your reply. Would you please give me your opinion about the Agenda sofa? Do you like it and think it's comfortable? (I've never seen it in person or sat in it.) In fabric, would you recommend standard fiber fill for the seats? Standard fiber fill or overfill for the backs? Would you recommend requesting backs with no tufting? Does tufting mean that the core cannot be replaced as part of the lifetime guarantee? Do you know of people having problems with that? Also, do you give quotes for online orders or only local?

I have not sat on an Agenda sofa or seen one in person, sorry. Yes, standard cores in fabric, don't complicate the build for the sake of complication.

There is no lifetime guarantee on core replacement, its not written anywhere. That is a courtesy replacement only, and used to be 100% free until too many people abused it by wanting new cores every 12 to 24 months (they last ten years or more in normal use). So now there is a $140 shipping/handling charge so the customer has a dog in the fight so to speak. That courtesy policy could be eliminated at any time. Backs are fiber fill, they will last as long as the upholstery, or longer.

I ship anywhere, though outside the 48 states it can get expensive if going on the water. Quotes are done in the QUOTES AND ORDERS section of the forum.
    Duane Collie

I submitted a quote request on the QUOTES AND ORDERS section, but I'm not sure I did it properly because I haven't heard back. Did it go through?