Thread: Hancock Moore Bradley tilt back chair questions

Elle.Beckett Guest

Default Hancock Moore Bradley tilt back chair questions

I have gotten used to having a reclining chair / ottoman, and I'm wanting a couple of new chairs to flank a fireplace, and since one of them will be used (by me), I want to stay with this type. We like Hancock Moore, but we've never seen a Bradley to try out. I've been googling and see it mentioned here in this forum that it is a comfy chair, but I have a couple of questions for anyone who's actually sat in one....

As "occasional use", is it comfortable enough without an ottoman, in its upright position (like when we have company over for a few hours)? To save money, we thought of 2 chairs, 1 ottoman, especially since only one chair will get regular use.

Also, I don't like the standard legs--hate the little wheels. I've seen a sofa in the Bradley line that has different legs and notice that it changes the seat height between it and a sofa with the wheeled feet. If I change to non-wheeled feet, will that change in front height (as I understand the back legs stay the same) mess up the feel / comfort of the chair?

And for tilt back--I read there are 2 ways of making it tilt, either a side handle or lever at the seat. Which is best to have?

Is the back cushion loose or attached?

Thanks!
    E

Default Re: Hancock Moore Bradley tilt back chair questions

"comfortable" is entirely subjective and not something that can be measured or deemed factual, for that reason I avoid using that term with most seating as what is comfortable to one person may not be to another. Having said that, the Bradley tilt chair has been in the line for years, and only the best sellers have longevity in the line-up, so that means people are buying it.

The legs on that unit can be changed out, and most the time when we do that we try to keep it within the same or very close to the same height to avoid drastic changes to the pitch angles.

You get an outside release on all H&M tilt back chairs.

Cushions are loose.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Elle.Beckett Guest

Default Re: Hancock Moore Bradley tilt back chair questions

Thank you for that info. I'll search around longer for one to sit in. Maybe talking a friend into a road trip with me to a bigger store that might have one.