Duane,

I've been interested in the H&M Highlands 5010 sofa for a lounging type sofa in a family room (it's one of H&M's deeper sofas from an interior seating perspective - 24 inches - plus wider overall than a typical sofa at 101 inches). I want comfort and depth for television watching, frequently when lying down. The extra interior depth could come in handy if my wife wanted to lie down alongside me to watch tv (doesn't happen much anymore since we have kids but still want the option).

I finally had the chance to sit in one. It struck me as firmer than expected. It also was not quite as deep as I was hoping, in large part I think due to the firm rear cushions. If they had some more give, they would allow another 1/2 inch to inch depth when needed (squished). I asked the sales person and was told the cushions were standard.

Have you had a chance to sit in the Highlands sofa yet? I would like your thoughts as to comfort in comparison to other H&M sofas, esp. from a "cushiness" perspective. I know you've mentioned the Austin High Back as comfortable but it's not deep enough for my purposes.

Also, do you think the firmness of this sofa would lessen over time, or perhaps be attributable to the leather this particular sofa had (Weston Cane Burnished)?

I would probably get the Town & Country Buckingham leather for this sofa and wonder if you have any thoughts between the Weston and the Buckingham.

Apart from the firmness issue and to a lesser extent the depth issue, I liked the look and size of the Highlands. If I could just get it a little more comfortable/cushy, I think I'd be set.

Thanks.