Thread: HM Town and Country leather question

anthonym Guest

Default HM Town and Country leather question

Interested in the September sofa , I would love it in the grade 2 Aticus chestnut but that's out of my price range, so I am looking at BY Warner . Is there a HM leather in their married leather that is not painted/finished,? Do they have a aniline leather or a less finished leather in the T&C value line of this sofa?
    On this same note, if HM does not have a leather that keeps in my price range that is not very China like, which leather does BY have that would be similar to HM atticus chesnut.
    Thank yo

Default Re: HM Town and Country leather question

I can't help with the BY equivalent, but I do know that almost all married leathers are finished leathers. Here is a good post from Duane on them.

There are two married covers on the September Sofa Programs. Just in Time is Viking Chestnut, Town and Country is Document Chestnut. Both are from Chineses tanneries, both finished (painted).

If you want an aniline hide on a promotional program (Town and Country), then my pick would be # 5736-3 Martini Sofa in Cameo Carmel Burnished, a nice Italian leather with a great look (still will be priced a little over $ 4K).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

anthonym Guest

What are your thoughts on the Viking chestnut, how can I get a sample ? Will this finished leather have the finish crack over time or peal ? Are the seat cushions in the just in time promotion the same as if the sofa was ordered outside of the promotion ?
    Thank you

I'm not sure if these pics will make it as attachments I'm trying to upload, but they are pictures of the Martini sofa and lounger in Cameo caramel burnished from a furniture store in High Point, NC. The Martini sofa sits very well in my estimate with good back support. The seat is 18.5 inches tall, which is rather short, but even my 6'2" husband thought it was comfortable. The leather is rich--burnishing is light and it feels good. The lounger is one you can go to sleep in very easily.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy martini lounger.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	9144Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy martini sofa 2.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	9145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	copy martini sofa.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	9146

You can send an email to keepingroom@gmail.com to request a sample (up to a dozen). You can also do it here on the QUOTES page. Be sure to include your mailing address, at least a third of all sample requests don't include an address!

The leather will not crack or peel if you keep it maintained, that means cleaning and conditioning on a regular basis. There is no construction variance other than the cover itself, all build standards in the Promotions are the same as the main line.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.