Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice on sofa for tall guy

Raider Guest

Got the second batch of samples yesterday. They did end up sending me the Garfield Claret, which I think is stunning. I love the feel and he way you can see the natural hide markings in the leather, and prefer the smooth feel to the more pebbly leathers.

At this point, I think my two favorites from what I’ve seen are Kipling Whiskey and Garfield Claret.

I want to have the sofa in one color (was thinking red) and the chair/ottoman combo in another, and while I love both above-mentioned leathers on a stand-alone basis, I’m a bit concerned about how they would look on large pieces next to each other. What do you think? Any experiences pairing the Whiskey with a red color? Are there any other leathers that pair well with red sofas?

Also, on Kipling, I had another question: I noticed the Kipling Cognac sample I got has many more vein-like creases than the Whiskey sample – you can also see the creases on the back side in the form of lines of pure skin though the suede. Is this something specific to the Cognac version of Kipling, or could this just be due to them using an imperfect part of the hide for sample purposes?

I like the new Garfield, too....good to see they sent that along.

I have no issues with using the Kipling Whiskey and the Garfield Claret in the same room, the honey tones of the Whiskey work well with the red of the Garfield. There's no hard and fast on what works, or what doesn't as color in a room depends on a lot of variables that in that room (carpet, wall color, window treatments, wood furniture, etc).

When they cut samples, they use all the hide so you will see flaws in a sample that would be left on the cutting room floor in a production piece.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Raider Guest

Just put in my order with Duane a few hours ago, and wanted to add my voice to the chorus of thanks and compliments.

As some of you know, I've been doing my research for some time now, and finally decided on the Sundance sofa with Author chair and ottoman.

In spite of my literally waiting till the 11th hour to take advantage of the discount period, Duane was a pleasure to work with -- he patiently took my multiple last-minute phone calls and was very willing to share his expert opinion on frames, hides, colors, etc.

Really looking forward to my first "real" sofa!

Glad to help, and THANK YOU for the order! I stayed at the store until 9:30 p.m. tonight to get all the H&M orders on the fax machine and make sure everyone that wanted a piece was able to get their order completed. Was a VERY busy day! Sorry some of you had to wait so long for return calls and the like.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.