Thread: Who Makes The Best Bedroom Furniture?

Garyrajsich Guest

Default Who Makes The Best Bedroom Furniture?

I'm interested in buying a new Bedroom Set - King Size Bed, Night Tables, Armoire, Dresser, etc . . . However, I'm willing to buy a piece or two at a time if it means paying a premium for the best quality.

It appears that the consensus for best Leather Furniture Manufacturer is either Hancock & Moore or Leathercraft. Is there a similar "Gold Standard" for Bedroom Furniture Manufacturers?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I don't have a recommendation for a 'set' as all my top line pieces are a' la carte. I might get the bed from Stephen Plaud, the chest of drawers from Mark Emirzian and the nightstands from John Buchanan, for example.

'Sets' are mainstream production furniture, but perhaps someone else can recommend a maker?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Odd I/O Guest

Have you considered Stickley (http://www.stickley.com/) or Henkel Harris( http://www.henkelharris.com/)?

Duane also will also be carrying Council furniture (http://www.councill.com/). I don't know anything about them though but they're expensive. Thread on it is here: http://myfurnitureforum.com/showthread.php?t=625

Sarah Guest

I would love to have an entire bedroom full of furniture crafted by Duane's woodworkers!

For a mainstream "brand" of bedroom furniture, Durham furniture may be hard to beat in quality & cost.

ntn Guest

Question Who and where to buy quality/premium leather sofas/sectionals, bedroom sets, other?

Where can I find quality/premium leather sofas/sectionals, bedroom sets, and overall home furnitures at a discount, special, clearance price since I have to furnish an entire 4 bdrs (2700 sq ft) house? I prefer contemporary or transitional styles with a traditional basic design. Hopefully, the furniture will be made in the USA! I would also appreciate a list of manufacturers to look at and the ones to avoid. Thanks!

Sorry, your question is too broad.. For starters, it helps to list what general area you live in, that way you can be directed to a particular store that might be near you by the other forum members.

A list would take HOURS to compose and type up, there are hundreds upon hundreds of makers.

High Quality/USA- made and Inexpensive don't go hand-in-hand.. Better to spec a budget (such as "I can spend around $ 3K on a sectional, etc.) to get specifics. Links of pieces you've found on-line and like are helpful as well.
    Duane Collie

ntn Guest

Red face Quality made in the USA furniture at discount prices

I am looking for high-end/premium quality furniture which are made in the USA but are sold at a discount/clearance price. Could you recommend top manufacturers and online stores or local San Diego stores which offer deep discounts? Here's my budget:
    Quality leather sofas or sectionals for <$5000
    Contemporary/transitional king bedroom sets <$3000
    Executive L-shaped desk <$2000
    premium dining set <$3000

thanks for your help!

Sorry, I'm on the other Coast, not aware of the West Coast store operations. Perhaps someone else can assist...
    Duane Collie