Thread: Would You Risk Ordering Online?

shilly Guest

Default Would You Risk Ordering Online?

Hi, I've been lurking here for a few days and have gotten some really good info. In fact, I'm sold on Saloom furniture but there are only a couple of places here in Louisiana who sell it. That being said, their prices aren't the greatest. I made the mistake(?) of getting prices from Basista's and Beachler's, and they are considerably lower than what I can get here. I'm scared to order online, not from a particular company, but because of the shipping thing... One uses Star Delivery out of NC and the other uses D & D Delivery. Anyone know about these companies? Those of you experienced furniture buyers, would you take the risk to save $800???

Did you read the sticky thread at the top of this section? That pretty well lays out all the risks and benefits.

Delivery services are generally OK. Usually they all operate the same, which means marginal communication with you during the delivery process, and two hot and sweaty guys with a truck that show up at your house. 99% of the deliveries go through without incident.

The biggest issue is dealer service. If you find you have a problem with a piece - not because of shipping issues but because of a workmanship or quality issue with a piece - you may find it very frustrating or nearly impossible to get service from a lo-ball internet seller. Know the dealer you are buying from - find out their reputation for after-sale service. That more critical than the delivery company to a good buying experience.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.