Thread: Four Seasons slipcovered furniture

FlaAmy Guest

Default Four Seasons slipcovered furniture

I am looking at a slipcovered sofa and swivel rocker by Four Seasons Furniture for our well used family room. They offer a variety of cotton fabrics, velvets and chenilles.
    I would appreciate any information on the company - their quality, reputation and durability.

Also, do you recommend slipcovers and those fabrics for an active family room? I love the feel of cotton, but am somewhat concerned about 'natural' fabrics. Do slip covers stay in place, or do you have to constantly rearrange them?

soster Guest

Sorry, we have never sold slipcovered furniture, and I'm not familiar with that company.

That's a unique concept of the factory furnished slipcovers. I think the main advantage of that product line is being able to change a look periodically, rather than a durability benefit.

Slipcovers originated in the 1700's when royalty and people of wealth could afford fine silk damasks on their very expensive sofas and chairs. Silk is fragile, and the pieces were slipcovered for daily use or when 'common' folk came over. The damask was used only for formal occasions and affairs of state.

Typically slipcovers move around, usually its not objectionable but certainly it won't make anyone think its solidly upholstered.

If durability is what you're after you can't beat a finished leather piece. Wipe n' go!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.