Thread: Sundance Sectional vs Wrangler Sectional

LJB6701 Guest

Default Sundance Sectional vs Wrangler Sectional

Hi Duane,

So glad to have found this forum... lots of info!!!

We are thinking of floating a sectional in our open living/dining/kitchen area. We know what the Sundance looks like from the back, very beautiful, however we also like the lines of the Wrangler also but haven't come across a picture of the back. Do you have one? Since this would be our everyday seating area can you recommend a nice leather for such a large piece. Our floors are darker brown wood floors and we like the unprotected leathers with the high and low colors to it. Really no other furniture to work around. The walls are tannish with golden undertones and the kitchen is creamy off white with a light chocolate glaze those are the only stationary things to work around.

Are there any disadvantages to doing a sectional vs 2 couches?

Oh, and all my guys are tall especially in the torso, hard for them to get comfy, are they good choices.
    We are very limited in furniture stores in our area but we love H & M

We are located in NE Pennsylvania

Thanks so much

Default Re: Sundance Sectional vs Wrangler Sectional

Glad you are enjoying the forum.

Sorry, no photos are available other than what is posted here in the database, I've not seen nor had a Wrangler come through the store, its a new piece. There are over 500 leathers to choose from, it all depends on what YOU like, what kind of leather, the texture, hand, appearance, and also the price point. It's impossible to recommend colors on text descriptions, that requires lots of photos of the room in good detail and a sense of what direction you are going. If you need guidance, a professional interior decorator is the way to go.

Sectionals tend to be space-specific, and sometimes do not re-locate well to a new home. That's really the only disadvantage vs to sofas, plus they can't be split up - which is obvious.

The comfort champ for sectionals for tall men is the Austin High Back series - that's impossible to beat.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I am seriously looking at the Wrangler. Did you get it?

Duane I was Also considering one not so deep, more like 24.5? still very deep, I think it's La crosse. Is it in the dropped list? Has one passed through your store.

Anyone on the Forum have a LaCrosse or sat in one? Or have a sofa or sectional about 24-25 inches deep?

Am drawn so far, to Burnished leather p, e.g. Hyde Park or shade lighter, wasn't sure if laCrosse is in drooppped frame list.

In coastal VA, lots of snow, no power, internet, even cellular. Very colonial! Candlelight!
    Last edited by Monk5990; 01-05-2018 at 03:32 PM.

The Wrangler Series has been dropped. If you want one, do not wait - there still may be frame parts available.
    Duane Collie

Thanks. Glad you could read my gibberish by firelight. I was just going to edit it. Where do I find the lists of dropped frames and leathers? I remembered what you said about January 2. Was paralyzed yesterday. May give you a call if you have no time, understably to look at Forum soon

Duane Collie

H&M tells me they have parts to still build Wrangler Sectionals as of now. If that's on your radar, my advice is to not wait too long to pull the trigger on one.
    Duane Collie

Oh, glad I clicked on the forum! Decision time. Having a hard time, without sitting on it, to decide it that's just TOO deep.
    I'm going to look at the lengths again. I'd be getting a 2 RAC (loveseat with a corner, yes?) and a 3 LAF. I've had an 80 inch sofa where the "short arm" of the sectional would be, and I'm wondering if it would really be making the walking spaces narrow.

Considering a shallower sectional, as in about 24 inches, with rolled arms. You mentioned that the LaCross was somewhat low. Did you mean the back, the seat? Both? Can the September be configured with 3 seats on one side two on the other?

I'm also considering a My Way Motion loveseat for the shorter end and floating a Sundance and ottoman.

I think you have a My Way Motion something coming in?

I personally caution folks to think twice about deep sofas (anything deeper than 23" inside depth). Sure, they are great for laying down taking a nap, however unless you are over 6' 3" tall, they can be miserable to sit in without backing pillows to bolster you. There are those that like deep sofas, but as a rule I don't floor them because they can be on the showroom floor for years (not months), they have a very limited market.

If undecided on layout, get a roll of brown craft paper, or even newspapers and tape them together in the measurements of the pieces you are considering. Clear the room and put your paper footprints out and move them around to check clearances. That will show you pretty quickly what will and will not work.

Lacross series does not have a tall back, just average.

Yes, you can configure a 3 / 2 in the September series.

The Your Way Motion sofa arrived yesterday, though its in my storage facility. Hopefully we can install it into the store this coming Saturday the 13th.
    Duane Collie

Hi LBJ. I was considering the same two options you mentioned on the forum. Curious if you'd made any decisions or come further in your decision making process?
    Thanks, Monica