Thread: Christmas Photo from the folks at Hancock and Moore

Default Christmas Photo from the folks at Hancock and Moore

Posted on Hancock and Moore's Facebook Page, I thought I would show you who some of the people are that make your furniture and whom I speak with regularly.

Pam Sherrill is my go-to person and does all the order reviews for accuracy. Super-efficient, she knows H&M inside and out, and stops errors before they become mistakes on orders.

Ann Aderholt does all returns and damage repairs. She has the job no one wants! Lots of pressure there and she handles it easily.

Tonya Morrison (Gloria Carson's daughter) does all the Marketing and Websites for Hancock and Moore as well as Jessica Charles. She's smart, hip, knows the trends and is genuinely nice.

Gloria Carson is the Office Manager and my buddy. She is the first employee when Jack and Jimmy started the company and came with them from Classic Leather. Gloria moves mountains - she knows how to get things done.

Brian Craig is the shop foreman and runs the factory Day to Day. He also gives tours when Jimmy is not available.

Joy Bailey is in charge of Production. She may be one of the busiest people there and is always glad to work the time crunches for me when we need an order FAST.

Jack Glasheen is the Founder of H&M, together with Jimmy Moore. Truth be told the company should have been called Glasheen and Moore, but he's a modest man (and they probably had to tie him to the sofa to agree to the photo). Jack is the most honest and decent man I have ever met in the furniture business. He's brilliant and very loyal to his dealers and employees, I admire and respect him greatly. He would not approve of my posting this photo, but its Christmas and I got the photo off Facebook....lol.

Jimmy Moore is the other Founder of H&M and came with Jack from Classic Leather. Jimmy is in his 80's and still buys fast cars and goes to work every day because he couldn't stand to be retired. Ask around North Carolina and you will hear that nobody in the business knows more about making furniture than Jimmy Moore, and I believe them. He's a character, too - with a sharp wit and loves to tease (I have stories).

Tim Rogers is President of H&M. Tim focuses a lot on leathers and he's who I call when you ask me specific questions on a leather I can't answer.

Seated in the Chairs are the Shuforts, from Century - who purchased Hancock and Moore (along with Jessica Charles). I've not met them but they are well-spoken of.

Happy Holidays!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H&M Group.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	9349
    Last edited by drcollie; 12-23-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Christmas Photo from the folks at Hancock and Moore

Nice post, thanks Duane!

So where did the 'Hancock' in Hancock & Moore come from?

Default Re: Christmas Photo from the folks at Hancock and Moore

They made it up because Jack didn't want his name used. "Hancock" comes from John Hancock, signer of the Declaration of Independence. The thinking was Hancock had the largest and most noticeable signature, putting his mark on the document for all to clearly see and that meant to Jack and Jimmy they would build and stand behind the finest product in its category. Their company was to be a declaration of sorts to build it old school and of the best components, without peer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEc.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	9351
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.