Duane,

I talked with you last week about possibly purchasing an H & M Austin high back, tilt back chair in Document Chestnut. We live in Tulsa, Ok, and I have a couple of questions/issues.

1. Why should I buy from you? Kinda blunt, but I have never purchased furniture online, and have some misgivings. I like your blog, the fact that you are a "small guy" in the biz, and your manner. You seem honest, and I have checked you out with H & M, and they report that their relationship with you has been very positive. I guess I need a little reinforcement, and wonder what I can expect from you.
2. Your delivery service, you mentioned, does not deliver to Oklahoma. You had another resource. What can I expect from them, and if there are problems, who do I deal with...you or them. I understand that they are an independent carrier, and I pay them, but do you act as an intermediary?

Kinda "nebulous" stuff, but I am trying to get my comfort level up. If you can shed any further light on how you operate, it would be appreciated. I just don't like any surprises. Thanks for your input.