Thread: B-Y Recliner

grapejape Guest

Default B-Y Recliner

Duane,

We recently looked at a B-Y Chippendale Recliner that was very comfortable. We were about to purchase it, but realized that it really doesn't fit our living space that well. We need something that takes up less space behind the chair. We saw the "Wall Hugger" models on the B-Y website, but could not find any locally to look at here in Charlotte, NC. Can you recommend something with a similar feel from B-Y. We are ok going with a lounger style instead of the wingback, but do like the nailhead accents in the Chippendale chair. We were happy with the dark brown married leather cover sample from the store. Can you ship to Charlotte, NC?

- Jason

Default Re: B-Y Recliner

Wall huggers run on a different mechanism, and I strongly recommend you get a power version, to avoid the dreaded "Cushion Trap". On any wall-hugger, they are spring loaded and to close them you have to overcome the spring. Many ladies lack the leg strength to do this by closing it with their heels and instead push down with their thighs and then the cushion edge gets pushed into the mechanism and "trapped". By going to power you eliminate this entirely. That's by far - the # 1 complaint on wall-huggers from any maker. Power you can choose either plug in or battery.

Assuming you were looking at the # 4114 Chippendale Recliner from B-Y, the one I would steer you do would be this unit, overall the best in class in my opinion.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...er-Wall-Hugger

If you want to stay with B-Y then you can go with this one, however I prefer the H&M.

http://www.bradington-young.com/brad...formation.aspx

Yes, we ship nationwide and you can also pickup at the factory if you like from either company - Hickory NC
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

grapejape Guest

Thank you for the information.

Would you send me pricing for shipping to Mint Hill, NC (28227 zip code)? We probably do not want the powered version. We would likely be fine with one of the married covers, provided they look like the ones in the photo.

Do you know if either factory has a showroom where you can try the chairs?

Please fill out the QUOTES here on the forum for a price, the more completely you complete the form, the more accurate the price!

Not every piece has a married cover - be sure to use model numbers on the quotes.,

There are no public showrooms on those brands, sorry. Sometimes I can arrange a factory tour where you may see one coming off the trim line before its boxed and shipped, otherwise its check around various dealers.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.