Thread: H&M Restoration chair in swivel lounger?

DaveMGrant Guest

Default H&M Restoration chair in swivel lounger?

Can the H&M Restoration chair 7056 or 4274S be ordered with a swivel base and tilt back or recline?

The 7056 is a recliner, but will not swivel or glide.

The 4274S is a swivel chair only. It may can be modified with a glider base (not much clearance room from the photo), but not as a recliner.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

rosemiller Guest

Default restoration chair

Have you by any chance sat in the Restoration lounger or sofa. We are considering these items but no one in NC has these that we can find. Wondered if the back seems too tight and how the depth seems.

I have the Restoration Sofa (but not the lounger). I have to say, it was better than I thought it would be. Some of the contemporary designs in the industry can be miserable. The sofa was relatively firm, gave good support up to the shoulders. The back is not tall enough to support one's head, however. Depth seemed fine, not particularly short. I think its pretty decent.
    Duane Collie

DaveMGrant Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rosemiller View Post
    Have you by any chance sat in the Restoration lounger or sofa. We are considering these items but no one in NC has these that we can find. Wondered if the back seems too tight and how the depth seems.
    We have two Restoration sofas. We sat in a number of H&M sofas but did not have the opportunity to try out the Restoration prior to ordering.

The back and arms are well padded, firm but comfortable. The back is not too tight, but it is fairly upright. The seats are firm which is one of the many things we liked about H&M sofas. I'm 6'1, and for me the sofa could be a little deeper. I find that it's more comfortable for me if I use a small lumbar pillow. The seat height is great. It is comfortable to lay on. My wife is 5'4 and finds it very comfortable in all respects.

Every H&M sofa was MUCH better than anything else we tried. If you want it to sit a little deeper you could order with the down seat cushions.

All in all we are very happy with the purchase - we wanted a contemporary/transitional sofa with a tight back, firm seat and higher seat height (hard to find in contemporary sofas), and had space restrictions.

Here are the sofas we considered:

4651 Lena
    9918 Kennet
    4275 Restoration
    1736 Savant
    1948 Princeton

The Savant is probably more comfortable than the Restoration, but doesn't look as tailored, plus we have a dog and kids that climb on the back cushions, hence our desire for a tight back.

rosemiller Guest

Default Restoration sofa and lounger

Dave,thanks for your input on the Restoration sofa. My husband is 5'9" and I am 5'1". We are debating if we go with Restoration if we are going to go with 2 sofas or one and 2 loungers. Room wise the 2 sofas is an easier fit but I am not sure if it will be as comfortable. Wish I could sit in one.

Duane, what color is the Restoration sofa you have?

Oh, I don't have that sofa, it was a customer order and I only gave it a quick test sit before delivering it.
    Duane Collie

DaveMGrant Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rosemiller View Post
    Dave,thanks for your input on the Restoration sofa. My husband is 5'9" and I am 5'1". We are debating if we go with Restoration if we are going to go with 2 sofas or one and 2 loungers. Room wise the 2 sofas is an easier fit but I am not sure if it will be as comfortable. Wish I could sit in one.

Duane, what color is the Restoration sofa you have?
    Here's Duane's Restoration sofa pics