Thread: Very PICKY consumer needing help for leather sofa!!!

aroca86 Guest

Default Very PICKY consumer needing help for leather sofa!!!

Hi all - I'm new to this forum and have literally been on this forum for 6 hours now. This has really been very helpful for my search for a sofa. I am currently looking for a good leather sofa with the following preferences:

Min total width: 88" maybe?
    Max total width: 92"
    Min seat width: 70"
    min seat width 22" i know that all sofa models have different definitions of seat width. I sat on a H&M Ricki...it says it's a 22" seat width and i think it's still a little short
    comfortable seat width 24"
    seat height: im looking for a sofa that i can rest my head when i lean back so i dont like a short seat height
    Cushion type: i really really like the soft sinking feeling like a down. i cannot do stiff
    leather type: dont really care between 1-6 grade. I like a really smooth feel not rough. i also like the leather to be "loose" not super tight because i feel that the latter would make it stiffer feel
    leather color: dark brown and smooth
    cushion edges to be smooth rather then "edged"

If you ask me what my perfect sofa would be, it would look like the maxwell sofa of restoration hardware: https://www.restorationhardware.com/...yId=cat1537046

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prod550008_9MaxwellLeatherSofa_F.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	9380

I KNOW that restoration hardware is really bad quality...i get it. I just love that look and when i sat down, it felt soooo soft and comfortable. That said, I need help finding the same "look" as the maxwell model from RH in BY, H&M or another good brand.

I know the easy answer is "just make a custom sofa", but I think that would be too expensive so hoping to find a "standard" model. I mean if there's a reasonable price for a custom BY then by all means :-) not looking to spend any more than 4k max! i would rather stick to 3-3.5k. Thank you in advance for your help!
    Last edited by aroca86; 01-07-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Default Re: Very PICKY consumer needing help for leather sofa!!!

Your best bet is going to be to shop locally and try out as many different sofas as you can - from as many stores as you can. Quite honestly with the title of your post and your criteria, it would be a mistake to try to recommend something to you and your chance of being dissatisfied would be high. Try out sofas in person, you will know when you find the right one. Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Duane's advice is probably best, but just for the heck of it, check this out out. It seems to fit into your parameters.

http://www.bradington-young.com/brad...formation.aspx

aroca86 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kyracer57 View Post
    Duane's advice is probably best, but just for the heck of it, check this out out. It seems to fit into your parameters.

http://www.bradington-young.com/brad...formation.aspx
    Thank you so much!! I've narrowed my options to a couple ones, and this made the shortlist!