Thread: Hancock and Moore set- Can anyone help me?

jdpietro13 Guest

Default Hancock and Moore set- Can anyone help me?

These are my parents and were in storage for a year. They charged me with selling them. Can anyone give me information on the pieces? Also a possible price to list them? There is also a matching love seat that I do not have a picture of. Its in better condition and i almost unused. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sofa.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	9392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	194.4 KB 
ID:	9393

Default Re: Hancock and Moore set- Can anyone help me?

Are your parents willing to request the free replacement cushions for the couch, especially the headrests (assuming they are the original buyers)? That will make it photograph and sit better and you'll get a little more money for it. Just as someone that has bought H&M used pieces and watches out for them, and without knowing where you are located, I think you should be happy to get $800-900 for the couch and $600 for the chair. Assuming the pictures really represent the condition. You'll want to list them for a little more than that on Craigslist or the like since people like to negotiate. They both look like they need a good cleaning and conditioning.

Alternatively to selling it yourself, there are consignment or used furniture stores in almost every city. You'll make less, but some people prefer that approach versus selling things themselves.

jdpietro13 Guest

They are original owners. Do they request the cushioms for H&M or from store where they bought it? We are located outside of Lancaster, PA. Do you have any thoughts on what the love seat that matches the sofa should go for? Thanks for the input.

You have an older Austin sofa 8134NB and the predecessor to the Richmond Chair / Ottoman # 8102 series. That particular chair model is before my time as a dealer (2006) so its over a decade old. Seat cores are good on both units, the back cores probably just need to be fluffed, looks like they did not have hard use. Loveseats sell for same price as sofas generally. Good luck
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.