Thread: New member needing help with sofa

Margaret Guest

Default New member needing help with sofa

I'm in the process of considering a Lee sectional with cloud nine seats and down back cushions.
    The fabric choice is: Grade: F (I've now learned from your website that's price point)
    Content: 100% Polyester
    Notes: Fabric is backed and comes with fabric protection
    15,000 double rubs- heavy duty microfiber
    My concerns:
    1. Are Lee sofas built well?
    2. I know nothing about fabric and would like your opinion with the fabric stated above.
    3. My price point is $5k. Is this sofa (Series 1935) in your opinion worth it.

Thank you in advance for any info you may have. Just worried that I may make a horrible mistake.

Default Re: New member needing help with sofa

I can only speak in generalities as I'm not a Lee Dealer nor familiar with their build quality and construction. There is no mention of their website of how they build their upholstery.

I personally do not care for 100% Polyester as it will "pill" over time, just like Polyester pants do in the wear areas. Blends are usually better and less likely to do so. 15K double rub is about average duty for residential. There is a misconception that microfibers are more durable - and they are not. What microfibers are is easier to clean and less likely to trap dirt, but somehow that translated to "More Durable" in the marketplace.

$ 5K for a sectional puts you solidly in such brands as Taylor King, Century Cornerstone, etc, in a similar fabric. I cannot say they are better than Lee, but they may be worth checking out.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jenny Guest

I worked with a designer briefly while shopping for upholstered seating for my home, and she described Lee as a more trendy, but lower priced alternative to B&Y (which was the other brand I was considering). I don't know how accurate that is quality-wise, but the prices were a little lower and the designs were more trendy (good or bad). I ended up not going with Lee because no one else I'd talked to had ever heard of them and I didn't feel like spending money online for a company without the same confidence of brand recognition.

Margaret Guest

Thank you so much for your reply.

I would have never dreamt that I could afford the Taylor King or Century Cornerstone. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.