Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bed Pillows....anyone - Pacific Coast pillows?

seehere Guest

Default Re: Bed Pillows....anyone - Pacific Coast pillows?

Excellent, thanks! I've ordered mine - I can't wait!! Thank you so much!

Jaybird Guest

Wamsutta Magic Gel pillows are wonderful!!! I use the softest one (stomach sleeper) and DH uses the most firm one (side sleeper). They are great!!

riverwalk Guest

My eyes hurt for about an hour every morning when I wake up and I am sure it is from the down pillows dust mites. I just keep forgetting to do something about it. For dust mite allergies, my doctor recommends the barrier covers on the pillows and mattress, no down, wash all pillows every 4 days and dry them in the dryer for heat over 140 if washer isn't that hot (leaves out latex), and wash sheets every 4-7 days in water over 140. Keep bedroom below 70 and humidity under 50% and they won't grow. (Except probably around your body humidity ewe). He also said to not store things under the bed, no draperies in the bedroom, no dust collecting things like this computer. Some people keep their shoes in plastic bags and their clothes in barrier covers too. See how hard it all is, that's why I just walk around with my eyes shut for an hour when I wake up....Well, just think what it was like in the olden days. My grandma said everyone had head lice and they used to all wear hats in public (I'm 55, she would be 120 if alive), and the head lice would jump from hat to hat in the public places on the hat racks, like at church or such. She said they used to wake up and see the head lice on their pillows. That story gave me nightmares throughout my entire childhood and beyond. I think it's time to go buy some barrier pillow covers after all!

riverwalk Guest

Oh and if you still want down, Scandia down has a lifetime guarantee, they will restuff your pillows if they get low and can advise you about all things down for a whole lot of cash. They are expensive, but very good. You can pick your loft and size and all the particulars, and they guarantee it to be right.