Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bed Pillows....anyone - Pacific Coast pillows?

dr56 Guest

Default Bed Pillows....anyone - Pacific Coast pillows?

I may be pushing with this topic here but anyone have a great recommendation for a bed pillow? I know it is quite personal but thought I'd ask, or has anyone purchased a Pacific Pillow? we stayed in chicago over the weekend at a Hilton and the pillows were ultra comfortable and from my search it appears they are Pacific Coast pillows. I thought about checking with the hotel but searched on-line and it appears this company makes the bedding/pillows for many hotels. Just curious if anyone has tried these. Loved Chicago, by the way. My first trip there with the family instead of a shopping romp with the girls and it was fun. I'd love to live in the city!

puhmuckel Guest

Default Pillows

I used to have those and they were pretty comfy, but I now use a latex pillow from overstock.com and nothing comes close to that kind of comfort. All for about 30 bucks. Try those before spending on feather pillows.

dr56 Guest

Interesting, I never tried a latex pillow. I've tried so many that didn't live up to my expectations. I slept so well with the feather/down pillows at the Hilton and they actually are about $39 each which I did not think was that bad. I will look into the Overstock latex pillows, however. Thank you!

dr56 Guest

Default Pillows again...

I forgot to ask, are the latex pillows from Overstock a memory foam pillow? If so, I have those and they cause neck pain for me. Like I said, pillows are a personal comfort and hard to refer the right pillow but love the suggestions! Thanks again!

Want to get into the gross side of sleeping? Dust mites THRIVE inside down/feather pillows, its the perfect environment for them, plus heads are hotter than the rest of the body, so there's a really great heat source for them as well. Latex naturally repels Dust Mites so its considered a much 'cleaner' pillow.

Now you'll never buy a down/feather pillow again, right? <G>
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Raider Guest

I bought some Pacific Coast stuff (including pillows) from Amazon a few years ago when they were very aggresively discounted on line. I was pretty pleased with them for the price.

I only used them for about a year before putting them in storage when I moved overseas, so can't speak to how long they wear.

While we're on the subject, how often does one need to replace down pillows, etc? Can they be rid of dust mites through some sort of cleaning regimen?

The best way is to invest in a Dust-Mite-Proof cover for the pillow and install it when new.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dr56 Guest

Default Ewwww.....dust mites!

Okay, Duane you have now turned me totally away from these pillows.....latex will have to work to keep the dust mites at bay. They are creepy little creatures that will certainly keep me awake just thinking of them. Thanks for bringing up a very good and honest point about pillows!

organic_smallhome Guest

I always buy my pillows from Cuddledown. I get the "down alternative" pillows. Also: Made in the U.S.A.

http://www.cuddledown.com/jump.jsp?i...=4&secitemID=2

I would suggest you buy whatever pillow you prefer and use a dust mite/allergen cover. The weave on the cover is so small and tight that mites can not penetrate. You should also use these covers for your mattress and/or topper, anything that you can not wash in hot water routinely. Even though latex will not support mites, the heavy cover material (often cotton) probably will. These mite proof covers are available at many bedding stores or online at various allergy sites.