Thread: H&M Leather Similar to Moore and Giles Mont Blanc Winter Pine / Fatigue

Default H&M Leather Similar to Moore and Giles Mont Blanc Winter Pine / Fatigue

My wife and I are looking for two swivel chairs for a family / sitting room in our house. In the process, have taken a liking to the Moore and Giles Mont Blanc leather in Winter Pine, especially with a baby on the way. Is there any similar Aniline or Aniline Plus, pull-up leather in a similar color offered by H&M? Interested in H&M's superior construction compared to the mfg. we were looking at where we discovered the M&G MB WP leather.

Tiburon Pine looks like maybe the closest match, but haven't been able to find any photos of that on any furniture online. Any other ideas?

Also interested in the Mont Blanc Fatigue, which is a little more brown, but not totally pukey. Tiburon Basil maybe?

Thanks in advance.

Cory

Default Re: H&M Leather Similar to Moore and Giles Mont Blanc Winter Pine / Fatigue

Yes, Hancock and Moore Tiburon series is the Mont Blanc from Moore and Giles. Best thing to do is order some samples from either H&M or M&G and look at those. I can help you with the H&M ones if you will put in a request under QUOTES AND ORDERS.

As far as photos, you would just have to search for them. I have probably the largest H&M photo database here on the forum, but there is no Tiburon Pine that I can recall.

I don't know whose piece you are looking to compare to as far as construction builds so no help there. H&M swivels use Leggett and Platt mechanisms, frame is solid maple (not plywood), 8-way hand-tied suspension, and steel-reinforced webbing.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: H&M Leather Similar to Moore and Giles Mont Blanc Winter Pine / Fatigue

Tiburon Basil is a green color with a grey base. If you take a look at the Kent Sofa on the H&M site, that's Tiburon Basil:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...il?SKU=9876-88

Tiburon Pine is much darker and has a deeper emerald green tone to it, imho...

What about Remington Emerald Burnished? Might not be what you want being a burnished though...

There is a high end website that shows a "Prescott Tavern Chair" in Tiburon Pine for $4,750 (which is obviously a ridiculous price compared to a dealer like Duane), but the color is not quite accurate. It's not as bright green as they show in that photo. A bit oversaturated photo...

I looked at a lot of H&M Greens and ended up with Tiburon Pine in a tufted design... Basil was a close second, but felt the grey undertone was not what I wanted in a large piece. I would definitely do Basil in a smaller piece though, its a very unique green pull up, but it's not very dark, more of a light sage with a grey undertone.

To Duane's point, get some samples, with the caveat that the samples are still not going to be a totally reliable indicator of the final given the areas of the hide the samples come from.

Thank you both. This is tremendously helpful.

Chairs will be going in a front / semi formal living room area with an east facing and a north facing window, with the north window looking out over a covered porch. All to say its somewhat dimmer light in there. Have darker wood floors, and chairs going on a light black / dark grey colored rug. So that's the reason for wondering about the lighter color of the Tiburon Basil - might be a bit more contrast and a brighter look.

Will reach out to see a few samples as suggested.

Cory

The Basil is really striking and unusual... I really wanted to go with it, but the Pine just matched better for my needs... I am still tempted to buy something in it though...

Basil leather swatch arrived - very good match for what we're looking for so going to go that direction. Had a few final follow-ups here before requesting a quote.

1. Cushion Cores: I've read the pinned post about cushion cores and saw where Duane mentioned that some leathers work better with down wrapped cores than others. The room the chairs will be on is a front sitting room that is also a pass through to the staircase to get upstairs. So relatively high traffic, but not our main great room. They will be sat on for sure, but they're not going to be my main chair if that makes sense. Any recommendation for what plays nice with Tiburon leather? I'm leaning standard cores which seem comfortable enough, but the lux feel of sinking into a down wrapped cushion is appealing since these won't be broken in super quick given the less frequent use.

2. Nail heads: Duane, from your other posts, I believe you mentioned that swapping same size nails for same size nails is no up charge. Eyeing the BKM (black nickel) nail heads for this, as I'm afraid the standards will pull out more yellow from the basil, and want to avoid that. How "black" are these nail heads? More of a faded/antiqued silver look than truly black? It's hard to tell from pics online and I've scoured the net pretty good for this.

3. Welt: I'm leaning towards the no-welt seam option for the seat cushion here. Any thoughts on whether that'd look odd on the Parker Swivel? Sort of combining formal looks with informal on the chair if I go with no-welt and just curious if that's going to look "off". Making it a little more causal looking so the room doesn't look overall formal given the traffic it sees is why I'm leaning no-welt here.

Thanks,
    Cory

Cushions are tough to recommend. Nothing wrong with the standards, they work well.

Nails are just personal preference. You get get samples of those as well. The BPM is not jet black, its a silvery-black, I think it's handsome and use it more and more on floor models.

Welts look more finished and are classier. I'd stay with them on the Parker Swivel.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

@Cory - if you'd like pictures of the BKM (and others) I think I still have some nail samples at the house. Just let me know.