Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emilio Sofa, Chair and Ottomans in Tiburon Java

Default Re: Emilio Sofa, Chair and Ottomans in Tiburon Java

Wade Coffee is gone-gone-gone. After working through the chain of command, the tannery came back and said they would make a batch, minimum order is 2,500 S.F. and that's a LOT of leather that would require many pieces to use up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hey Duane. We received our leather samples and have a few follow-up questions.

1) The aspen tobacco sample looks high sheen. This contradicts commentary and pictures in the forum, as well as a sample we saw at a local store (we saw a large Aspen Saddle sample but wanted to see the darker Aspen Tobacco). We are looking for more of a matte finish so this was a bit of a letdown. Wondering if we got a sample that doesn't provide a great representation?

2) Lyric tobacco gives us the matte finish we are looking for, though it appeared a bit two-toned and unfortunately I haven't seen any pictures on the forum. Is there a two-tone effect? Also, you've stated the following on lyric.. i imagine we should focus on the more recent post?

In 2017 you posted: "Lyric, GR 2. A finished leather designed to look like a Pull-up, except its painted on rather than natural. Why would you even consider this? Just say No to fake pull-ups." Then in 2018 you posted: "new Lyric Series leather is very, very nice. It's a GR 2 leather that you would never think was a finished hide, it looks and feels like a pure aniline."

3) I don't see any commentary on the forum for the Quest series. We liked our sample and it seems like a quality leather. Any thoughts on Quest?

I've attached a picture of Aspen Tobacco (Left) and Lyric Tobacco (right). The picture doesn't quite do it justice but you should be able to see the sheen I've mentioned on the top of the Aspen sample as well as the slight two-tone on Lyric.
    Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leather.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	11105
    RG

I would not think of Aspen as high-sheen, but neither is it a matte finish. I'd consider it a low sheen from the pieces I have seen. For more matte, look at a leather like Champion or Angelo.

Lyric is a simulated pull-up effect leather so have put a pattern into the finish. When I made the initial assessment of it that was off a sample only. As pieces came it done in that leather I changed my opinion of it and it sells well. It's a unique hide and you have to like the look - which I do. You will not confuse it for a real Italian pull-up, however. You can see it on this recliner:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...adies+recliner

I don't sell much of the Quest leather, in fact I can't recall the last piece ordered in it. No reason to avoid it but it does look like many other series that H&M already offers. There is nothing unique or outstanding about it.
    Duane Collie

I'm trying to figure out what's the depth of the seat cushions on Emilio Sofa? Is it really 21.5" as on the H&M site?
    Hard to believe that back cushion+back = 22.5"

H 37.5", W 98", D 44"
    Inside: W 82.75", D 21.5"

Otherwise the only other deep sofa is Chelsea as Settlement is too big.

21.5" is about right, they do vary from piece to piece. Overall depth is 44" front to back. Not sure where you are coming up with a 22.5" dimension.
    Duane Collie

I think they are substracting the seat depth from the overall depth and saying that means the rest, which is 22.5 inches is how thick the back of the sofa and back cushion must be. I know some sofas have curved backs that can increase the overall depth of the sofa. Its hard to picture why a piece that is 44 inches deep would only have 21.5 inches of seat depth. One reason places like Pottery Barn are liked so much is the deep sofas they offer. If you are very tall or just like to curl up or lay down and take a nap on a sofa the deeper ones are liked a lot. Especially for a family room where lounging and TV watching are the main activities. H&M does not really cater to that with their 21-22 inch deep sofas which seem taylored for sitting forward with your feet on the floor like you would in a more formal living room with guests, for example. Pottery Barn has several that are 29-30 inches deep.
    Last edited by SueCT; 10-31-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    21.5" is about right, they do vary from piece to piece. Overall depth is 44" front to back. Not sure where you are coming up with a 22.5" dimension.
    44" (overall depth) - 21.5" (seat depth) = 22.5"

Quote Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
    I think they are substracting the seat depth from the overall depth and saying that means the rest, which is 22.5 inches is how thick the back of the sofa and back cushion must be. I know some sofas have cured backs that can increase the overall depth of the sofa. Its hard to picture why a piece that is 44 inches deep would only have 21.5 inches of seat depth. One reason places like Pottery Barn are like so much is the deep sofas they offer. If you are very tall or just like to curl up or lay down and take a nap on a sofa the deeper ones are liked a lot. Especially for a family room where lounging and TV watching are the main activities. H&M does not really cater to that with theirr 21-22 inch deep sofas which seem taylored for sitting forward with your feet on the floor like you would in a more formal living room with guests, for example. They have several that are 29-30 inches deep.
    6478-3 Chelsea Sofa
    H: 38.5" W: 91" D: 42"
    Inside: W: 80" D: 26.5"

Trying to figure out why Emilo depth is so much different compared to Chelsea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c3.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	13436  

Hancock and Moore operates their own frame factory, and they are still made by hand of solid wood, so you can customize the depth to suit your needs. Typically a depth change adds 20% to the price on most standard-style frames. That's not a bad upcharge when you consider the frame has to be custom-made, the marker has to add that depth to several of the leather panels used, the seat springs have to be re-arranged and added to, and they have to order custom seat cores as well. I have several clients that order custom depths and lengths to get what they want in a sofa and its well worth it since these pieces last a long time.
    Duane Collie

Correct me if I am wrong, but can’t the Emilio be ordered “XL”, which makes it 3” deeper for a total of 24.5’ deep ?

We own a Emilio couch and chair (bought at the keeping room) that is XL and it’s 24.5” deep.