Quote Originally Posted by TXCajun View Post
Hey, Robert.

I was born and raised a (north) Louisiana girl. Some of my mamma's people were in east, east, east Texas. I spent a lot of time there, as well. Then, I went to Texas A&M (College Station, TX), graduated, and eventually wound up in the Texas hill country. I love Louisiana. I grew up with simply lovely, kind, generous, warm, and funny people. Of course, the food was/is impossible to beat! But, now my heart is in the gorgeous Texas hill country. For me, there is nothing like that big, blue, Texas sky over the Live Oak covered rolling hills.

San Antonio is a fun place! But, gosh, it's growing too big for me, now. I guess everywhere is? And, I'm curious about your current location being central Louisiana... Which type of gumbo do you prefer: southern soupy or northern gravy? I grew up learning there is a definite line! I enjoy either, but definitely prefer the northern gumbo.

TXCajun
Good morning, I have been blessed by God growing up in the locations I did b/c if I died tomorrow I know I have eaten the best food on earth. My favorite is Tex/Mex but Cajun is great too however, I am not into Jumbo. Every Time I eat it, it tastes like muddy-creek-water. I love crawdads but that's an awful lot of work for such a little critter. I am a good cook and have many recipes in my repertoire. So I am able to overcome the withdrawals from Mexican food so far from home.
As far as the table though I have contacted Heritage Auction House and two appraisers in Houston that are working on it right now, will let you know more when I know more.
Rob