Hi!

My wife and I are looking at new seating in our house. We have an 82 year old spanish home in California. The living room measures 22 x 15 feet, it has 2 doorways on one wall, 5 windows and a wood burning stove. There are only 2 spots on the wall a TV can go.

When my wife and I were married 6 years ago, and living in our first house, she had a very cheap couch that lasted about a year before it literally broke apart. We purchased a flexsteel couch and love seat which were comfortable but after 5 years they are getting pretty worn, bummer. We aren't wealthy but I'm a strong believer that there can't be value without quality.

We are looking to possibly rearrange our room and use a sectional this go around. We aren't 100% on this configuration but is looking like what we want to do. We will need a sectional with the following dimensions.

130" total length on the longer side
104" total length on the shorter side
44" depth

This is based upon measuring and sitting on various couches.

We, especially my wife, like the look of fabric but I think nothing beats the durability and timeless style of leather.

That being said, I have looked at the offerings from taylor made (king?) and from hancock moore. I know that they are connected somehow. I have read that if doing leather, just get HM because they are going to be similar in price. Is this true?

We like these styles quite a lot but I suspect these couches are cheaply made.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/34299592...sitional-sofas

http://www.houzz.com/photos/34299540...ectional-sofas

We want a firm, thick style leather with some amount of down in the cushion. We enjoy a variety of browns to cinnamon. We have a 2 year old and 2 large dogs, I am 6'1" and 240 lbs. My wife is less than half that size and 5'3". Ideally we will buy this sectional and give it to our son, we want an heirloom piece.

Can anyone offer a young couple some advice?

I know the sectional i described will be pricey (how much I'm unsure) so we will save until we can afford a nice piece.

Thanks!