This may be more appropriate on the Problem Solver forum but this forum seems very active with Hancock and Moore knowledge so I thought I would try here. After much homework my husband and I ordered a H-M Tavern sofa in March through a local dealer. We had seen the sofa on the H-M website and liked the leather shown in tha photo. My husband called H-M and they sent out a sample of the leather shown. It was Imperial Whiskey Burnished, class III. The sample was beautiful and just what we wanted so that was what was ordered.

Fast forward to July. Sofa is delivered and is a beautiful, quality piece of furnitute. But the color is WAY off. Think a cup of coffee with cream vs. a cup of black coffee. We understand about glazing and it appears the glazer had a VERY heavy hand. We are very unhappy with the appearance of the sofa---it is not what we ordered.

We have gone back to the dealer we purchased through. He put us in touch with the local H-M rep who came to our house and agreed the color was quite "off". But he states when he contacted H-M there was nothing that could be done. We had suggested a range from replacement of the sofa to some sort of monetary compensation if we kept the sofa as delivered.

Our next step will be a letter to Jack Glasheen but I admit we are very disappointed with how the problem has been handled so far and are not optimisic about Mr Glasheen's response. Sadly, one of the reasons we went with H-M was because of the their reputation for quality and pride in their products.

Very long way of saying, has anyone had a similar situation? Any advice on how we should proceed? Thanks