Thread: Looking for final touch decorating ideas for family room.

Threaded View

MikeinIN Guest

Default Looking for final touch decorating ideas for family room.

Hi. I discovered this forum last night and have been binge reading since then. My wife has been wanting to have a designer come to our home but it seems I may have found an internet full of them!

We are looking for decorating ideas/help in our family room. I included a picture from each corner of the room. It is a difficult room to furnish with the angled fireplace, doorways, window and stairs going to the basement. We really only have the two walls - the one with the sofa and the one with the TV. We are pretty set on our seating as it is shown but are always open for any other suggestions. The sofa is Stickley and the one chair is the H&M Author Chair (just got the chair and it is incredible!).

The questions we have are:
    1. We want to add a coffee table and can't decide whether a round table or rectangle table would look better. We are leaning toward rectangle. Any opinions?
    2. We aren't too sure about the floor lamp next to the TV, but because it has a different colored shade than the other lamp, we thought it would look better farther away. That lamp can be moved or even moved out of the room. Does it look out of place where it is?
    3. That leads to what to put, if anything, on the wall above the TV. We have 10' ceilings so there is a lot of space above the TV. Any suggestions?
    4. What, if anything, would look good on the wall behind the Author chair. We are considering a bookcase or framed art, just not sure.

We are just trying to put some finishing touches on the room and would welcome any ideas. We are even open to suggestions about how the furniture we have is placed. Thanks for looking and for any help!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9777.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	9541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9780.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	9542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9782.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	9543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9787.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	9544