Thread: For those of you who enjoy motorcycles

Default For those of you who enjoy motorcycles

I set all kinds of sales records in February, and went so far beyond normal sales that I was plum tuckered out. But with all those sales comes a little extra money, so I decided to treat myself and closed the store 90 minutes early and went down to the cycle store to bring this home yesterday. I've been eyeballing these for two, maybe three years now and with the kids FINALLY out of college decided it was "Me Time". Picked up this red beauty and stopped on the way home in a park to snap this photo before it got too dark.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADDB9D34-F40E-4C73-B2B0-555CA5BA04D6.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	9586

I've been on BMW motorcycles the past 12 years, and decided I should try another Harley. The one BMW is still staying, but this is the polar opposite to it on 2-wheels and a different ride. And no, I'm not putting loud pipes on it, I rather enjoy a quieter rumble. It's a 2017 Road Glide Special, and I can't wait for the weather to get better. (We are supposed to get snow on Tuesday) I've been riding 47 years now, not giving it up any time soon. Looking forward to taking it up in the mountains an hour west of town in the near future when Spring arrives.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: For those of you who enjoy motorcycles

That's a nice looking bike! Also soon as I saw the picture I was like that doesn't look like a BMW bike, hope the Harley servers you well!

Still have the BMW GS 1200, which remains the World's Greatest Motorcycle. But this way I can go back n' forth depending on my ride that day....it's good to have choices!

And that is my mechanic-assistant who brings me my tools and parts she finds on the floor as we work on bikes.

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	9588
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Still have the BMW GS 1200, which remains the World's Greatest Motorcycle. But this way I can go back n' forth depending on my ride that day....it's good to have choices!

And that is my mechanic-assistant who brings me my tools and parts she finds on the floor as we work on bikes.

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	9588
    That's a good assistant! Also is that one of those interlocking rubber/plastic garage floors you can customize to suit your needs?

Yes, it's a Race Deck floor. My Garage is my "Fort", my wife has the whole rest of the house

Name:	Gar1_zps8r41z53q.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	9591
    Duane Collie

The18thLetter27 Guest

I was kind of disappointed not to see any Hancock and Moore out there in the garage. Maybe that is Weston Navy covering that stool?... Haha!!

Just kidding sir. That is a great looking garage!!

There's no room for furniture! In fact, the pub table and stools had to go to the basement. Three cars, two motorcycles and there's no room to swing a cat in there, now...lol

My garage used to look like this:

Name:	BMWGS_zps6a92ec5d.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	9592

It was a huge undertaking to fix it up by myself, I think I went through 17 gallons of paint alone. My wife didn't see me on Sundays and Mondays the whole of July, August and September in 2014, I was fixing up the garage. I took three pickup loads of accumulated stuff to the dump that was in the garage - and I've never missed any of what I threw out. Now all my motorhead pals are envious when they come over.
    Duane Collie

The18thLetter27 Guest

Amazing transformation!! Looks like a lot of hard work. Well worth the effort.

That is an awesome looking garage Duane, I am jealous. And congrats on the great February!